SearchSkip to Search Results
- 9Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 9Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 3Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of
- 3Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of/Research Publications (Mathematical and Statistical Sciences)
- 1Computing Science, Department of
- 1Computing Science, Department of/Technical Reports (Computing Science)
- 1 Ahmed Bouferguene, Professor, Campus Saint-Jean - Academic Support
- 1Amirfazli, Alidad (Mechanical Engineering)
- 1Backhouse, Christopher J. (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 1Brown, Matthew R.G. (Psychiatry)
- 1Greiner, Russell (Computing Science)
- 1Han, Bin (Mathematical and Statistical Sciences)
The analysis of wide-angle cellular light scattering patterns is a challenging problem. Small changes to the organization, orientation, shape, and optical properties of scatterers and scattering populations can significantly alter their complex two-dimensional scattering signatures. Because of...
Density Doubling Image Equalization Macro for ImageJ
In order to adapt images of patterns templated using block copolymers, acquired using a scanning electron microscope, for publication, an algorithm was developed to process the images, enhancing the darker features in a consistent and easily reproducible manner. This was done using ImageJ, a free...
Development of a Novel Electro-thermal Anti-icing System for Fiber-reinforced Polymer Composite AirfoilsDownload
Given the trend towards expanded use of polymeric composites for wind turbine blades and aircrafts wing, icing of polymer composite airfoils is a challenge; this thesis is addressing this issue from a conceptual perspective. For the first time, the concept of embedded thermal elements as an...
Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) measures the dynamic activity of each voxel of a brain. This dissertation addresses the challenge of learning a diagnostic classifier that uses a subject’s fMRI data to distinguish subjects with neuropsychiatric disorders from healthy controls. fMRI...
This thesis concentrates on the construction of directional tensor product complex tight framelets. It uses a complex tight framelet filter bank in one dimension and the tensor product of the one-dimensional filter bank to obtain high-dimensional filter bank. It has a number of advantages over...
It is well known that most information of an image is contained in its edges. Therefore capturing edges in an image is of fundamental importance in image processing. Tensor product real-valued wavelets only capture edges along the horizontal and vertical direc- tions. Hence they are only...
Dynamic Behavior of an Ordinary Chondrite: the Effects of Microstructure on Strength, Failure and FragmentationDownload
Knowledge of the relationships between microstructure, stress-state and failure mechanisms is important in the development and validation of numerical models simulating large-scale impact events. In this study, we investigate the effects of microstructural constituent phases and defects on the...
Municipal drainage systems have a key role in public health and are considered one of the main components of every modern city's infrastructure. However, as the drainage system ages, its pipes gradually deteriorate at rates that vary based on the different conditions of utilization. To prevent...