SearchSkip to Search Results
- 63Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 63Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 37Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)
- 14Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/AOSERP Reports
- 11Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/Syncrude Canada Ltd. Reports
- 7Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/OSRIN Technical Reports
- 17Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 12Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 11Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 6Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- 6Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 5Department of Renewable Resources
- 2Ayranci, Cagri (Mechanical Engineering)
- 2Bush, Andrew (Earth and Atmospheric Sciences)
- 2Henein, Hani (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 2Kumar, Amit (Department of Mechanical Engineering)
- 1Amos Ben-Zvi (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Backhouse, Chris (Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo)
This study was part of the development of an ice jam flood forecasting system for Hay River, NWT. 2-D numerical models were used to simulate ice processes in an effort to predict ice jam formation. A summer survey was conducted to finalize the bathymetry of the Hay River Delta. Observations were...
A Proposed Evaluation System for Wildlife Habitat Reclamation in the Mountains and Foothills Biomes of Alberta: Proposed Methodology and Assessment HandbookDownload
This report was completed under the auspices of the Mountains and Foothills Reclamation Research Program. This report is intended to provide Government and Industry staff with up to date technical information to assist in the development of guidelines and operating procedures. The report is also...
A Rational Treatment for an Irrational Fear
This report analyzes and compares four of the most promising techniques used to date on treating phobias namely flooding, modeling and desensitization (both systematic and in vivo). These techniques are analyzed through five selected and thoroughly examined case studies. This report also...
Hourly data on net surface radiation (Q) on a horizontal surface are analyzed. An equation which computes the diurnal variation of Q from a knowledge of cloud cover and the sun's declination is presented for use in operational air quality models. The three constants in the model (characteristic...
Syncrude Canada Ltd. operates an oil sands extraction plant in the Athabasca Tar Sands region of northeastern Alberta. Although this facility is designed to maintain resulting ground level air quality within the objectives of Alberta Environment, exceedances of these objectives may occur in...
The following technical manual is intended to document the computer file which contains the results of the A.O.S.E.R.P. Study of Human Adjustment in Fort McMurray. This manual contains several sections which refer either to the accompanying computer output from that file, or to the technical...
Concord Scientific Corporation has conducted a study of emissions from the main stack at Syncrude Canada Limited’s Mildred Lake plant. The terms of reference for this study were: • To carry out a field stack sampling program and associated chemical analyses to determine selected metallic elements...
This project was a continuation of research begun in 1976. Earlier studies had been designed to test the moose census procedures employed, analyze census results, and determine statistically reliable moose population estimates. The project TF 1. 1.1 was designed to develop an analysis model which...
Accounting for non-stationarity via hyper-dimensional translation of the domain in geostatistical modelingDownload
Medium and short term mine planning require models of mineral deposits that account for internal geological structures that permit scheduling of mine production at a weekly and monthly production periods. Modified kriging estimation techniques are used for accounting for such geologic structures....
The achievement of satisfactory air quality entails the adoption of one or more air pollution control strategies. Of the four basic strategies available, only air resource management requires the use of air quality models. Atmospheric dispersion models are a subset which can be employed either...