SearchSkip to Search Results
- 11Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 11Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 3Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of
- 3Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of/Research Publications (Mathematical and Statistical Sciences)
- 2Mechanical Engineering, Department of
- 1Computing Science, Department of
- 1 Ahmed Bouferguene, Professor, Campus Saint-Jean - Academic Support
- 1Amirfazli, Alidad (Mechanical Engineering)
- 1Backhouse, Christopher J. (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 1Brown, Matthew R.G. (Psychiatry)
- 1Dr. Carlos F. Lange at Mechanical Engineering Department
- 1Dr. Yuntong She at Civil Engineering Department
Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) measures the dynamic activity of each voxel of a brain. This dissertation addresses the challenge of learning a diagnostic classifier that uses a subject’s fMRI data to distinguish subjects with neuropsychiatric disorders from healthy controls. fMRI...
This paper presents a novel, simple, yet powerful texture analysis method inspired by the well-known Local Binary Patterns (LBP) method called the Local Frequency Descriptors (LFD). Like LBP, the proposed method is invariant to rotation and linear changes of illumination; however,it does not...
A CAPTCHA is an automatically generated test designed to distinguish between humans and computer programs; specifically, they are designed to be easy for humans but difficult for computer programs to pass in order to prevent the abuse of resources by automated bots. They are commonly seen...
Density Doubling Image Equalization Macro for ImageJ
In order to adapt images of patterns templated using block copolymers, acquired using a scanning electron microscope, for publication, an algorithm was developed to process the images, enhancing the darker features in a consistent and easily reproducible manner. This was done using ImageJ, a free...
The analysis of wide-angle cellular light scattering patterns is a challenging problem. Small changes to the organization, orientation, shape, and optical properties of scatterers and scattering populations can significantly alter their complex two-dimensional scattering signatures. Because of...
Particle-based nonlinear filters provide a mathematically optimal (in the limit) and sound method for solving a number of difficult filtering problems. However, there are a number of practical difficulties that can occur when applying particle-based filtering techniques to real world problems....