SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Adria, Marco (Supervisor)
- 1Alshehri, Naeem S.
- 1Altaf Arain, M.
- 1Anderson, Gwen.
- 1Anderson, R.S.
- 1Baker, I.T.
- 20Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 20Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 2Renewable Resources, Department of
- 2Renewable Resources, Department of/Journal Articles (Renewable Resources)
- 1Law, Faculty of
- 1Law, Faculty of/Journal Articles (Law)
- 8Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 3Faculty of Nursing
- 2Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 1Department of Biological Sciences
- 1Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 1Department of Computing Science
- 4Deutsch, Clayton (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1AbouRizk, Simaan (Civil & Environmental Engineering)
- 1Cunha, Jose Carlos (Petrobras America Inc.)
- 1Deutsch, Clayton (Civil & Environmental Engineering)
- 1Deutsch, Clayton (civil and environmental engineering)
- 1Dr. Amit Kumar, Mechanical Engineering
Collecting information is of vital importance for the development of a mineral project. The capital costs of mining projects are high and there is significant risk due to the available data. At all stages of a project, from exploration to mine closure, decisions need to be made that are based off...
Broadband technology has captured the attention of many stakeholders throughout the world and is recognized as a “nation building” infrastructure enabling the future economic prosperity and improved living standards for many communities. In 2005, the Alberta government completed a significant...
Characterizing the performance of ecosystem models across time scales: A spectral analysis of the North American Carbon Program site-level synthesisDownload
Black, T.A., Izaurralde, R.C., Lokupitiya, E., Munger, J.W., Schaefer, K., Weng, E., Richardson, A.D., Altaf Arain, M., Luo, Y., Ciais, P., Ricciuto, D.M., Stoy, P.C., Dietze, M.C., Poulter, B., Barr, A.G., Liu, S., Hollinger, D., Tian, H., Suyker, A.E., Verbeeck, H., Price, D.T., Grant, R.F., Peng, C., Baker, I.T., Vargas, R., Anderson, R.S., Tonitto, C., Sahoo, A.K., Chen, J.M., Flanagan, L.B., Riley, W.J., Wang, W., Lafleur, P., Gough, C.M., Verma, S.B., Kucharik, C.J.
Ecosystem models are important tools for diagnosing the carbon cycle and projecting its behavior across space and time. Despite the fact that ecosystems respond to drivers at multiple time scales, most assessments of model performance do not discriminate different time scales. Spectral methods,...
Climate change is an important issue and educators have a responsibility to prepare students to face the challenges and future changes that climate change presents. Unfortunately, public uncertainty about the extent and causes of climate change and the interdisciplinary nature of the climate...
Network connectivity is an indispensable component of any computer related activities. Any computer-like machine is connected to some kind of a network, which is further connected to another computer network. Technological advances allow users to connect any devices and use multiple applications....
Modeling spatial variables involves uncertainty. Uncertainty is affected by the degree to which a spatial variable has been sampled: decreased spacing between samples leads to decreased uncertainty. The reduction in uncertainty due to increased sampling is dependent on the properties of the...
Wind energy is an important renewable resource to meet the continually increasing global energy demand. The high wind power potential in the sea has led to the development of wind farms in the sea, referred to as offshore wind farms (OWFs). OWFs are an array of wind turbines built in the sea to...
Bioclimate envelope models are widely used to project potential species habitat under changing climate. Conceptually, these models are also well suited to match natural resource management practices to new climatic realities, for example by guiding species choice in reforestation programs....