SearchSkip to Search Results
- 68Machine learning
- 6Artificial intelligence
- 3Data mining
- 3Online learning
- 3Reinforcement learning
- 4Mark A. Lewis
- 4Russell Greiner
- 3Pouria Ramazi
- 2Mélodie Kunegel-Lion
- 2Rogers, Leonard (Supervisor)
- 2White, Martha
- 54Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 54Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 5Biological Sciences, Department of
- 5Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 4Master of Science in Internetworking (MINT)
- 4Master of Science in Internetworking (MINT)/Capstone Projects & Reports (Master of Science in Internetworking (MINT))
- 31Department of Computing Science
- 7Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 5Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 2Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 1Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science
- 1Department of Biological Sciences
The advent of the internet and the World Wide Web has made vast amounts of information accessible at our fingertips. It is said that an average person living in the modern society is exposed to as much information in a day as a person who lived 100 years ago would have seen in a whole year. But...
Industrialized building construction is an effective approach for improving the performance and management of construction projects by offering higher quality products, minimized environmental impacts, and improved schedule predictability. The industrialized building construction approach...
This thesis presents Pathway Informed Analysis (PIA), a classification method for predicting disease states (diagnosis) from metabolic profile measurements that incorporates biological knowledge in the form of metabolic pathways. A metabolic pathway describes a set of chemical reactions that...
In this work, we present a unified, general approach to variance reduction in agent evaluation using machine learning to minimize variance. Evaluating an agent's performance in a stochastic setting is necessary for agent development, scientific evaluation, and competitions. Traditionally,...
Advances in Probabilistic Generative Models: Normalizing Flows, Multi-View Learning, and Linear Dynamical SystemsDownload
This thesis considers some aspects of generative models including my contributions in deep probabilistic generative architectures and linear dynamical systems. First, some advances in deep probabilistic generative models are contributed. Flow-based generative modelling is an emerging and highly...
Automated hacking is a modern approach to conduct computer hacking with a significantly higher performance rate directly or remotely. Automated hacking is carried out by computer programs that are programmed to analyze the vulnerability of a system(s) and carry out hacking attacks based on the...
Application of Machine Learning in the Big Data for Broiler Breeders Recorded by a Precision Feeding SystemDownload
A precision feeding (PF) system developed at the University of Alberta is an innovation in precise nutrition and management for broiler breeders. The PF system can automatically feed individual broiler breeders and record vast amounts of real-time data regarding the feeding activity of individual...