SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Computing Science, Department of
- 1Computing Science, Department of/Technical Reports (Computing Science)
- 1Communications and Technology Graduate Program
- 1Communications and Technology Graduate Program/Capping Projects (Communications and Technology)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
Performance Evaluation of Optimistic Cache Consistency Algorithms for Web-based Electronic Commerce ApplicationsDownload
Technical report TR00-15. Caching is a simple and effective way to provide faster access to information on the Internet, and it has been used effectively to improve the performance of E-commerce servers. However, there is a growing concern by today's Web service providers to ensure that the...
A consumer's "reservation price" (RP) is the highest price that s/he is willing to pay for one unit of a specified product or service. It is an essential concept in many applications, e.g., personalized pricing, auction and negotiation. While consumers will not volunteer their RPs, we may be able...