SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Integrodifference equations
- 2Founder effect
- 2Inside dynamics
- 2Neutral genetic diversity
- 1Allee effect
- 5Biological Sciences, Department of
- 5Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 5Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of
- 5Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of/Research Publications (Mathematical and Statistical Sciences)
- 5The NSERC TRIA Network (TRIA-Net)
- 5The NSERC TRIA Network (TRIA-Net)/Journal Articles (TRIA-Net)
A stage-structured model of integrodifference equations is used to study the asymptotic neutral genetic structure of populations undergoing range expansion. That is, we study the inside dynamics of solutions to stage-structured integrodifference equations. To analyze the genetic consequences for...
The method of inside dynamics provides a theory that can track the dynamics of neutral gene fractions in spreading populations. However, the role of mutations has so far been absent in the study of the gene flow of neutral fractions via inside dynamics. Using integrodifference equations, we...
Integrodifference equations in the presence of climate change: persistence criterion, travelling waves and inside dynamicsDownload
To understand the efects that the climate change has on the evolution of species as well as the genetic consequences, we analyze an integrodifference equation (IDE) models for a reproducing and dispersing population in a spatio-temporal heterogeneous environment described by a shifting...
Trade-offs between dispersal and reproduction are known to be important drivers of population dynamics, but their direct influence on the spreading speed of a population is not well understood. Using integrodifference equations, we develop a model that incorporates a dispersal–reproduction...
We investigate the inside dynamics of solutions to integrodifference equations to understand the genetic consequences of a population with nonoverlapping generations undergoing range expansion. To obtain the inside dynamics, we decompose the solution into neutral genetic components. The inside...