SearchSkip to Search Results
- 4Adria, Marco (Supervisor)
- 3Campbell, Kathryn J. (Supervisor)
- 3European Graduate School
- 3Levine, Stephen K.
- 2Cummings, G. G.
- 18Communications and Technology Graduate Program
- 18Communications and Technology Graduate Program/Capping Projects (Communications and Technology)
- 15Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 15Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 10Toolkit for Grant Success
- 10Toolkit for Grant Success/Successful Grants (Toolkit for Grant Success)
- 3Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 2Department of Educational Psychology
- 2Department of Psychology
- 2School of Library and Information Studies
- 1Department of Anthropology
- 1Department of Computing Science
- 1Cockburn, Bruce F. (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 1Dr. Christina Rinaldi, Educational Psychology
- 1Eastlick Kushner, Kaysi (Faculty of Nursing)
- 1Gaudet, Vincent (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 1Gierl, Mark J. (Educational Psychology)
- 1Given, Lisa (Library and Information Studies)
Score reporting serves a critical function as the interface between the test developer and a diverse audience of test users. The basic requirements for score reporting are clearly identified within the Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing (1999). However, the methods to achieve...
Using Social Media for Health Information: How New Technologies are Being Used in HIV/AIDS CommunicationDownload
Social networking sites, mobile technologies and other information and communications technologies have become popular ways of connecting. The health information field is no exception; however, what are best practices and strategies to effectively use the affordances of these tools, and currently...
The Neural Encoding of Heterospecific Vocalizations in the Avian Pallium: An Ethological ApproachDownload
Songbirds (order Passeriformes, suborder Oscines) have captured the attention of scientists and non-scientists alike with their vocal signals. The black-capped chickadee (genus Poecile) uses its namesake call, chick-a-dee, to convey a variety of information. In Chapter 2 and 3, I examine the...
Online Library Communities: An Analysis of Ten Canadian Public Library Websites and Social MediaDownload
This thesis addresses the question of whether or not Canadian public libraries are creating online communities through their websites and social media pages. Studies into what sense of community entails, both physically and digitally have been conducted outside of the library and information...
Jenna V. Congdon, Allison H. Hahn, Neil McMillan, Marc T. Avey, Christopher B. Sturdy
Chickadees produce many vocalizations, including chick-a-dee calls which they use as a mobbing call in the presence of predators. Previous research has shown that chickadees produce more D notes in their mobbing calls in response to high-threat predators compared to low-threat predators, and may...
SSHRC Awarded CG 2014: "Auto/biography in Transit" is the eighth biennial conference of the International Association for Biography and Autobiography. The conference gathers together the top scholars from around the world who are experts in analysing autobiography, biography and other forms of...
SSHRC Awarded IG 2012: Verbs are harder than nouns for children to learn. This research project will test two central hypotheses about verb learning in children: First, in experimental situations, children benefit from co-speech gesture as shown by enhanced verb learning. Second, in everyday...
SSHRC Awarded IG 2018: L'idéologie du 'bon français', ce standard unique, perpétue la discrimination linguistique. Le temps est venu de mieux décrire et comprendre à la variation en le français québécois (FQ). Notre projet décrira le FQ oral soutenu (Phase 1) et modélisera la variation sociale et...
SSHRC Awarded IG 2018: Through cooperative inquiry and critical co-design, the project will develop an interactive digital story app (i.e., digital fiction) that can be evaluated as a tool for media-enhanced bibliotherapy to help young women address issues associated with body image concerns. 40...
SSHRC IG awarded 2022: "Reading for Our Lives" is a project that investigates the following questions: 1) Why readers turn to memoir to understand the world, 2) what kind of life narratives are present in their social media posts, 3) what role do social media platforms play in shaping readers’...