SearchSkip to Search Results
- 6Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program
- 6Civil and Environmental Engineering, Department of
- 5Civil and Environmental Engineering, Department of/Presentations (Civil & Environmental Engineering)
- 4Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program/Other Research Publications (Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering)
- 2Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program/Conference Proceedings (Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering)
- 1Civil and Environmental Engineering, Department of/Research Materials (Civil & Environmental Engineering)
Development of an integrated tailings closure model using GoldSim: preliminary results and lessons learnedDownload
Traditionally, multidisciplinary simulation exercises often involves one discipline mechanistically using the output from a black-box model developed by another discipline. In this presentation, new techniques such as System Dynamics and Causal Loop Diagramming (CLD) will be used as the...
Traditionally, multi-disciplinary modelling exercises involve one discipline mechanistically using the output from a black-box model developed by another discipline. To address this deficiency, the research uses techniques relatively new to the geotechnical community, such as System Dynamics (SD)...
Discussion of career progression, current state of practice and future outlook of geotechnical engineers specializing in mine waste management, all from the perspective of a young professional.
A system dynamics (SD) model was developed in the Tailings Management Simulator (TMSim) to simulate consolidation processes under quiescent conditions. A top-down iterative approach guides the overall philosophy of the modelling process. The GoldSim software was used as the main simulation...
Tailings Management System (TMS) consists of a web of inter-related sub-systems across disciplinary and organizational boundaries. Conventional predictive models simulate physical processes in each discipline with great details. In contrast, simulation based on System Dynamics (SD) focuses on...
Implemented in GoldSim, TMSim_Consol uses an explicit finite difference method to calculate the void ratio at each time step. Through various validation cases, the consolidation sub-model demonstrates its capability in carrying out both deterministic and stochastic simulations of tailings...