SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Database Searching - Canadian Indigenous People
- 1Database Searching - Filters
- 1Database Searching - Hedges
- 1Database Searching - OVID MEDLINE
- 4University of Alberta Libraries
- 3University of Alberta Libraries/Libraries Staff Publications
- 1Northern Alberta Health Libraries Association (NAHLA)
- 1Northern Alberta Health Libraries Association (NAHLA)/Leading Edge Workshops
- 1Canadian Circumpolar Institute
- 1Canadian Circumpolar Institute/Circumpolar Collection
This presentation describes a project to create first-generation search filters that retrieve studies from the Ovid MEDLINE database related to Canadian Indigenous Peoples. The filters are designed to be single line searchs that can be “cut and paste” into the OVID Medline search box.
Finding Canadian polar Indigenous studies in Medline
The polar library community has made much progress over the past thirty years in the development of bibliographic search tools that allow fast and easy access to publications about the Arctic and Antarctic. Many of us rely heavily on tools such as Arctic and Antarctic Regions to satisfy our need...
Finding More Canadian Indigenous Health Articles Using Search Filters
This presentation describes 12 provincial and territorial database search filters, which were created to retrieve articles about Indigenous people from OVID Medline.
This session covered grey literature sources.
Presented at the CHLA/ABSC 2021 Virtual Conference. Introduction: Systematic reviews (SRs) rely on well-designed searches to locate all relevant studies in order to avoid bias in their conclusions. Clear, accurate and detailed reporting of SR searches ensures transparency and...