SearchSkip to Search Results
- 16Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)
- 13Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 13Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 10Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/AOSERP Reports
- 4Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/OSRIN Technical Reports
- 1Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/Syncrude Canada Ltd. Reports
- 3Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 3Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- 2Department of Biological Sciences
- 2Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 1Department of Anthropology
- 1Department of Computing Science
- 1Basu, Anup (Computing Science)
- 1Bayne, Erin (Biological Science)
- 1Cheng, Irene (Computing Science)
- 1El-Basyouny, Karim (Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering)
- 1Elliott, Duncan (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 1Gamon, John (Biological Sciences, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences)
Above, Beneath, and Within: Collaborative and Community-Driven Archaeological Remote Sensing Research in CanadaDownload
This thesis investigates the application of geophysics and remote sensing techniques in community-driven and collaborative archaeology research in Canada. While these techniques have become common among some archaeologists, they have yet to be extensively used within the lens of Indigenous...
Traffic signs play a critical role in the safety and efficiency of any roadway, but with limited information on the current status of traffic sign inventories, the placement and condition of traffic signs goes largely unchecked. Therefore, the collection of a complete traffic sign inventory (TSI)...
The slow movement of historic landslides is a constant reality in the Thompson River Valley, with twelve such slides located within ten kilometers of the town of Ashcroft, B.C. alone. Beginning at the end of the 19th century, numerous rapid slope failures were reported by local residents and the...
Monitoring of environmental conditions in and around oil sands developments has been underway for years. However, recent reviews have indicated the need for a more comprehensive, scientifically-rigourous and transparent monitoring program and have provided recommendations for design and...
Assessing Ecosystem Productivity Through the Integration of Micrometeorology and Optical Remote SensingDownload
The main goal of this thesis is to contribute to the growing body of scientific work by exploring mechanisms of ecosystem productivity through the integration of remote sensing and micrometeorological data. This was done throughout by (i) identifying the environmental mechanisms affecting...
Characterizing an in-situ fraction of Photosynthetic Active Radiation product for implementation in the validation of MODIS-derived fraction of Photosynthetic Active Radiation products using continuous-wavelet transformsDownload
The goal of this thesis is to address the need to improve forestry monitoring and satellite validation techniques to better contextualize the effects that human-induced climate change is having on tropical dry forests (TDFs). Climate change is expected to change regional and global precipitation...
The increasing use of the Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) over the past few years has opened the door to a large number of applications in research, commercial, and industrial areas. UAVs have become an efficient, cost effective, and environmentally friendly (less or zero CO2 emissions) platform...
Intensive studies of moose were conducted on a 25 000 km study area in northeastern Alberta from January 1976 to June 1978. Sixty-six moose (Alces alces) were radio-collared and another eight were colour-marked only. The population is either stationary or slowly declining. An estimate of 4595...
The purpose of this study was to prepare ecological habitat working maps at a scale of 1:50,000 from false colour infrared photographs of the AOSERP study area obtained in 1977, and to evaluate multispectral and multistage remote sensing techniques for application to mapping and monitoring in the...
The objective of this research was to evaluate recent advances in active microwave remote sensing technologies in order to further refine the optimal radar parameters for sea ice monitoring in support of marine operations and climate research. To achieve this objective, data from recent active...