SearchSkip to Search Results
- 62Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 62Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 37Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)
- 14Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/AOSERP Reports
- 11Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/Syncrude Canada Ltd. Reports
- 7Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/OSRIN Technical Reports
- 16Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 12Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 11Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 6Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- 6Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 5Department of Renewable Resources
- 2Ayranci, Cagri (Mechanical Engineering)
- 2Bush, Andrew (Earth and Atmospheric Sciences)
- 2Kumar, Amit (Department of Mechanical Engineering)
- 1Amos Ben-Zvi (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Backhouse, Chris (Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo)
- 1Beauchemin, Karen (Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada - Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science [Adj.])
Schofield, Jonathon S., Dawson, Michael R., Melenka, Garrett W., Carey, Jason P.
Purpose: This paper evaluates the material properties and dimensional accuracy of a MakerBot Replicator II desktop 3D printer. Design Methodology: A design of experiments (DOE) test protocol was applied to determine the effect of the following variables on the material properties of 3D printed...
Evaluation of Dimensional Accuracy and Material Properties of the MakerBot 3D Desktop PrinterDownload
Schofield, Jonathon, Carey, Jason P., Dawson, Michael R., Melenka, Garrett W.
Purpose – This paper aims to evaluate the material properties and dimensional accuracy of a MakerBot Replicator 2 desktop 3D printer. Design/methodology/approach – A design of experiments (DOE) test protocol was applied to determine the effect of the following variables on the material properties...
Exhaustion and steady state models for predicting landslide hazards in the Canadian Rocky MountainsDownload
The temporal distribution of landslides can be evaluated by steady-state and exhaustion models. The probability of landsliding remains constant through time in the steady-state model but the probability decreases in the exhaustion model as more slopes fail. Rock sliding down bedding surfaces on...
Finite Element Model of the Thermal Profile During Submerged Arc Welding with One and Two ElectrodesDownload
The submerged-arc welding (SAW) process is used extensively in the manufacturing of pipes. The heat flow introduced by the welding operation has a significant impact on the properties of both the weld metal and the heat affected zone (HAZ). The work presented in this thesis aims to develop a...
River runoff plays a very important role in the Arctic Ocean. The Arctic Ocean accounts for around 1% of the total world ocean volume, but receives around 11% of the worlds river runoff. In addition, the Arctic Ocean is a β ocean, where stratification is primarily determined by salinity as...
This work focuses on the implementation and validation of the implicit Total Variation Diminishing (TVD) schemes for modelling of two-dimensional multiphase flow. The TVD schemes are designed to mitigate the numerical diffusion at the interface where discontinuities of fluid properties exist...
Increasing wildfire growth modelling decision support using ensemble weather forecasts over the province of Alberta, CanadaDownload
Across Alberta, wildfires ignite each fire season and a small number achieve a size greater than 100 hectares, which account for the vast majority of the area burned. These fires often require large suppression efforts that include wildfire growth simulation modelling in order to understand their...
Computer modeling is critical for catalyst layer (CL) design in polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells. Water-filled and ionomer-filled agglomerate models have been suggested as representations of the CL microstructure. In this thesis, improved water-filled and ionomer-filled agglomerate models...
Using data from artificial gas mixtures, global kinetic models for a platinum diesel oxidation catalyst are developed. The modelling of CO and C3H6 was inspired by the classical work of Voltz et al., while the modelling of NO and C3H6 was based on the earlier work of Pandya, Mulla et...
Kinetics studies of chemical reactions and quality changes in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) enriched milk treated with high-pressure sterilizationDownload
Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a bioactive lipid naturally found in milk, is thermally degraded through oxidation during thermal processing. Finding alternatives to enhance the retention of CLA is challenging. In this thesis, high-pressure sterilization (HPS) was used to enhance CLA retention in...