SearchSkip to Search Results
- 62Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 62Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 37Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)
- 14Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/AOSERP Reports
- 11Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/Syncrude Canada Ltd. Reports
- 7Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/OSRIN Technical Reports
- 16Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 12Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 11Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 6Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- 6Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 5Department of Renewable Resources
- 2Ayranci, Cagri (Mechanical Engineering)
- 2Bush, Andrew (Earth and Atmospheric Sciences)
- 2Kumar, Amit (Department of Mechanical Engineering)
- 1Amos Ben-Zvi (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Backhouse, Chris (Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo)
- 1Beauchemin, Karen (Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada - Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science [Adj.])
Shear Behaviour of Concrete Slabs and Beams Reinforced with High-Performance ASTM A1035 SteelDownload
Lubell, Adam S., Desalegne, Admasu S.
High-performance steel bars manufactured to conform to ASTM A1035-11 have different metallurgy and microstructure than conventional reinforcing steel. These changes result in an effective yield strength significantly higher than conventional ASTM A615 steel while also being less susceptible to...
SSHRC Awarded IG 2016: Where philosophy of science has traditionally construed and studied science in terms of representations of the natural world (eg: data and theories), this project will study scientists' values, explanatory and investigative aims, and methodological and explanatory...
Christiansson, R., Martin, C. D., Kaiser, P. K.
Abstract: When the stress-induced risks to a projects warrant it, in situ stress must be measured. However, as the stress-induced risks increase, i.e.. the stress magnitudes approach the rock mass strength, the confidence in commonly used stress measurement techniques decrease. The design of...
Rangelands, a natural ecosystem widespread in Canada, are an important source of land for animal production. Around 26 million ha of rangelands are utilized for beef production and in Alberta, this ecosystem accounts for 6.6 million ha which provides up to 50% of total forage for livestock. To...
System modeling and controller designs for a Peltier-based thermal device in microfluidic applicationDownload
A custom-made Peltier-based thermal device is designed to perform miniaturized bio-molecular reactions in a microfluidic platform for medical diagnostic tests, especially the polymerase chain reaction for DNA amplification. The cascaded two-stage device is first approximated by multiple local...
The Role of Industrial Energy Efficiency and Fuel Switching as Pathways to Net-Zero Emissions in the Canadian Pulp and Paper SectorDownload
Industrial decarbonization is a critical challenge along the pathway to reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions at a sufficient scale and pace to avoid the worst impacts of climate change. The intrinsic energy- and emissions-intensive nature of heavy industry has led to the recognition that...
Dean Koch, Mark A. Lewis, Subhash Lele
The mountain pine beetle (MPB) is among the most destructive eruptive forest pests in North America. A recent increase in the frequency and severity of outbreaks, combined with an eastward range expansion towards untouched boreal pine forests, has spurred a great interest by government, industry...
Purpose: This study examined whether parent physical activity (PA) is related to children’s PA, as measured with pedometers. Methods: As part of a longitudinal cohort study being conducted in Edmonton, Canada, 471 children between the ages of 6- and 10-years-old, wore SC-T2 pedometers for four...