SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 2Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
Designed zinc finger proteins as novel therapeutics inhibiting the transcription of hepatitis B and duck hepatitis B virusesDownload
The Hepatitis B virus (HBV) chronically infects 350 million individuals worldwide, leading to mortality by end-stage liver disease, liver cirrhosis, and hepatocellular carcinoma. The vaccine to prevent HBV infection is highly effective but is not extensively available in endemic areas, resulting...
The B subunit of cholera toxin has been covalently attached to the surface of Uposomes made from a mixture of phosphatidylethanolamine, phosphati- dylcholine and cholesterol. Adenylate cydase inhibitors and chloride conduc- tance inhibitors were encapsulated within the liposomes. These...
Oxidative stress mediates estrogen receptor independent killing and contributes to tamoxifen resistanceDownload
Tamoxifen is the accepted therapy for patients with estrogen receptor-α (ERα)-positive breast cancer. However, clinical resistance to tamoxifen, as demonstrated by recurrence or progression on therapy, is frequent and precedes death from metastases. To improve breast cancer treatment it is vital...
γ-Aminobutyric Acid Up-Regulates the Expression of a Novel Secretogranin-II Messenger Ribonucleic Acid in the Goldfish PituitaryDownload
An RNA-arbitrarily primed PCR differential display strategy was used to identify candidate genes in the pituitary that are up-regulated by endogenously activated g-aminobutyric acid (GABA) systems that may also be involved in the control of reproduction. Goldfish were injected with the GABA...