SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Melenka, Garrett W.
- 1Ahmad, Rafiq
- 1Austin, Mallory
- 1Carey, Jason P.
- 1Cheung, Benjamin O.
- 1Dawson, Michael R.
- 1School of Library and Information Studies
- 1School of Library and Information Studies/Journal Articles (Library & Information Studies)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1WISEST Summer Research Program
- 1WISEST Summer Research Program/WISEST Research Posters
Tubular braided composites consist of woven fibers imbedded in a resin matrix. Braided composites are manufactured using a device known as a Maypole braider. Braiding machines can be configured to produce several braiding patterns including: Diamond (1/1), Regular (2/2), Hercules (3/3) and...
Evaluation and prediction of the tensile properties of continuous fiber-reinforced 3D printed structures composite structuresDownload
Three dimensional (3D) printing is a technique conventionally used to manufacture prototypes. Commercial desktop 3D printers have become available which produce functional 3D printed parts. The MarkOne by Mark Forged manufactures printed structures reinforced with continuous Carbon, Fiberglass or...
Intellectual Property, Makerspaces and 3D Printing
The session examines the issues raised by makerspaces in the context of Canadian intellectual property law. Questions addressed include: what responsibilities to librarians have under trademark law and the Patent Act; what are the copyright implications of makerspace technologies; what role does...