SearchSkip to Search Results
- 11074Gruhn, Dr. Ruth
- 8531Bryan, Dr. Alan L.
- 5082Hill Times Publishing
- 4593Toronto Stock Exchange
- 4502Meghan Ward
- 2546Bryan, Alan L., Dr.
- 4138lithic tools
- 4026Stock exchanges--Canada--Tables--Periodicals
- 3894Toronto Stock Exchange--Periodicals
- 30841Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 30841Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 11798University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources
- 11176Anthropology, Department of
- 11157Anthropology, Department of/Bryan/Gruhn Archaeology Collection
- 4387University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources/Daily Record (Toronto Stock Exchange)
- 4452Article (Published)
- 2955Research Material
- 930Conference/Workshop Presentation
- 1820Department of Educational Psychology
- 1410Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 1340Department of Chemistry
- 1133Department of Computing Science
- 1112Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 1063Department of Biological Sciences
- 43Xu, Zhenghe (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 35Kumar, Amit (Mechanical Engineering)
- 33Huang, Biao (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 31Liu, Qingxia (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 30Stroulia, Eleni (Computing Science)
- 27Al-Hussein, Mohamed (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
Lactic acid bacteria produce glycans that may be applied in food and pharmaceutical industries as prebiotics, food additives, to prevent pathogen adhesion, or to modulate the host immune system. The recent identification of the structure of galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS) preparations demonstrates...
Application of Ichnology Towards a Geological Understanding of the Ferron Sandstone in Central UtahDownload
Ichnology has long been used as a tool to aid in environmental interpretation, but has rarely been used as an ethological assessment tool in the Cretaceous Ferron Sandstone of central Utah. This study focuses on using trace fossils with detailed sedimentological analyses to describe continental,...
近代美術関係新聞記事資料集成:別冊 (Kindai bijutsu kankei shinbun kiji shiryō shūsei" bessatsu) [Modern Art related Japanese Newspaper Clipping Collections 1891-1941]Download
Scan of booklet and card (plus additional commentary and some translation) accompanying 2 microfilm sets “Kindai bijutsu kankei shinbun kiji shiryō shūsei” (literally modern art related newspaper article document collection). A historic collection contemporary newspaper clippings about Modern Art...
荷花香 — 唐招提寺賞荷記 He hua xiang: Tangzhaotisi shang he ji (Lotus Fragrance: Viewing Lotus Flowers in Toshodaiji Monastery, Nara city, Japan)Download
This essay, in Chinese, introduces the Buddhist monastery Toshodaiji in Nara city, Japan, a UN world heritage. Toshodaiji monastery was established in the mid-8th century by Monk Jianzhen (Monk Ganjin) who was invited to come to Japan from China. The main theme, however, is on the lotus flowers...
我愛雪梨 — 中外譯名雜碎 Wo ai Xueli: Zhong wai yi ming za sui (I love "Pear" [i.e., Sydney]: on transliterating proper names)Download
This Chinese essay was published in 1990 in the commemorative publication to mark the 10th anniversary of the Four Seas Chinese Radio (CKER AM 1480) in Edmonton. It discusses the transliteration of non-Chinese personal and geographical names into Chinese forms. Recently in October 2016, there...
家庭法之认识法律制度 Jia ting fa zhi ren shi fa lü zhi du (Family Law: Know the Legal System and Procedures)Download
This is the slide show for a public seminar organized by and held at Calgary Chinese Community Service Association on February 6, 2014, about the basic legal procedures of divorce application in Alberta. This is the simplified Chinese version of the presentation.
家庭法之認識法律制度 Jia ting fa zhi ren shi fa lü zhi du (Family Law: Know the Legal System and Procedures)Download
This is the slide show for a public seminar organized by and held at Calgary Chinese Community Service Association on February 3, 2014, about the basic legal procedures of divorce application in Alberta. This is the full (traditional) Chinese version of the presentation.
“…I don’t forget my traditions…” Exploring barriers and facilitators of food security among low income newcomer Latin American families in Edmonton, AlbertaDownload
Food insecurity is an important public health concern as 2.7 million Canadians live in food insecure households (CCHS, 2004). My research aimed to explore facilitators and barriers to food security among Latino mothers in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, as research in this realm is limited. My study...
Traducción del artículo: Redfield RJ (2012) “Why Do We Have to Learn This Stuff?”—A New Genetics for 21st Century Students. PLoS Biol 10(7): e1001356. doi:10.1371/journal.pbio.1001356 Copyright: © 2012 Rosemary J. Redfield. Este es un artículo de acceso libre distribuido bajo los términos de...
“You need to be double cultured to function here”: toward an anthropology of Inuit nursing in Greenland and NunavutDownload
Working towards an anthropology of nursing, I explore what it means to become and be an Inuit nurse, using as a lens the experiences and voices of Greenlandic and Canadian Inuit nurses and nursing students who are educated and practice in settings developed and governed by Southerners (Danes and...