SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Renewable Resources, Department of
- 3Agricultural, Life, and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of
- 2Renewable Resources, Department of/Journal Articles (Renewable Resources)
- 2Agricultural, Life, and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Life, & Environmental Sciences)
- 1Renewable Resources, Department of/Other Publications (Renewable Resources)
- 1Agricultural, Life, and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of/Presentations (Agricultural, Life, & Environmental Sciences)
- 2Armstrong, Glen W.
- 1Adamowicz, Wiktor L.
- 1Anderson, Jay A.
- 1Frederik Doyon
- 1Glen W. Armstrong
- 1Jonas Jacobsson
- 1Annual allowable cut
- 1Bergslagen, Sweden, Priluzje, Russia
- 1Boreal forests
- 1Canada, Alberta
- 1Canada, boreal forest
- 1Forest management
Presented at the Boreal Mixedwoods 2012 Conference in Edmonton, Canada. June 17-20, 2012
Previous studies suggest that management intensity zoning systems, such as the triad approach, could allow Canada’s forest industry to maintain or increase timber harvest levels while simultaneously reducing its environmental impact. In most such studies, the zones are exogenously specified. In...
Sustained Yield Forestry in Sweden and Russia: How Does it Correspond to Sustainable Forest Management Policy?Download
This paper analyzes how sustained yield (SY) forestry is defined and implemented in Sweden and Russia, two countries with different forest-industrial regimes. We first compare definitions of SY forestry in national legislation and policies. Then we study forest management planning in two large...