SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2integrodifference equations
- 1inside dynamics
- 1neutral genetic diversity
- 1range expansion
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of
- 1Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of/Research Publications (Mathematical and Statistical Sciences)
The method of inside dynamics provides a theory that can track the dynamics of neutral gene fractions in spreading populations. However, the role of mutations has so far been absent in the study of the gene flow of neutral fractions via inside dynamics. Using integrodifference equations, we...
Integrodifference equations are a common tool used in ecology to model the spread of populations. In this thesis, I explore the neutral genetic patterns formed by range expansions and how dispersal-reproduction trade-offs impact the spread of populations. In Chapter 2, we investigate the inside...