SearchSkip to Search Results
- 18Second language acquisition
- 3Language and languages--Study and teaching
- 2French language--Study and teaching--Audio-visual aids
- 2Listening comprehension tests
- 2Hammer, Petra
- 1Archer, Cameron Geoffrey.
- 1Armenian, Atken.
- 1Arzt, Jessica
- 1Carter, Barbara
- 1Day, Kayla
- 16Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 16Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Education, Faculty of
- 1Education, Faculty of/Research Materials (Education)
- 1Linguistics, Department of
- 1Linguistics, Department of/Research Publications (Linguistics)
- 1Blair, Heather (Department of Elementary Education)
- 1Dr. Louise Ladouceur (Études théâtrales, Campus Saint-Jean) - co-supervisor
- 1Dr. Sathya Rao (Department of Modern Languages and Cultural Studies) - supervisor
- 1Järvikivi, Juhani (Linguistics)
- 1Kabata, Kaori (East Asian Studies)
- 1Nadasdi, Terry (Linguistics)
A STUDY ON THE AUDIENCE RECEPTION OF THEATRE SURTITLES: Surtitling in a Francophone Minority Context in Canada and the Language Learning Potentials of Theatre SurtitlesDownload
This mixed-methods study focuses on the audience reception of theatre surtitles in a Francophone minority theatre context in Western Canada at L’UniThéâtre in Edmonton, Alberta. The main objective of this multifaceted research was to measure the perceptions of and reactions to English surtitles...
Graded effects of first and second language orthography on pronunciation during second language acquisitionDownload
This study aims to assess how frequency-based and probabilistic measure describing the orthography-phonology relationship influence the accuracy of second language (L2) pronunciation in a phonological decoding task for native English learners of German, and a control group with no formal...
Language and literacy skills of English Language Learners in middle school (grades 7-9): How do they compare to their monolingual peers?Download
Language and literacy skills in English are essential for academic success for English Language Learners (ELLs) but very little research exists on second language oral and literacy skills of ELLs in middle school. For this research report, the oral language and literacy skills of 227 students -...
While much research has been dedicated to studying the speech of French immersion students, relatively little is known about their sociolinguistic competence, particularly in the area of phonetics. This study aims to determine the extent to which a group of French immersion students in Ontario,...