SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Language acquisition
- 1Adolescent ELLs
- 1Austism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- 3Linguistics, Department of
- 3Linguistics, Department of/Research Publications (Linguistics)
- 1Education, Faculty of
- 1Education, Faculty of/Research Materials (Education)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)/Successful Grants Library (SSHRC)
The home language environment and language abilities were compared between children with ASD and children with typical development, both from newcomer families. Children were in elementary school, mostly 6 and 7 year olds. The goal was to understand if there were differences in bilingual...
Language and literacy skills of English Language Learners in middle school (grades 7-9): How do they compare to their monolingual peers?Download
Language and literacy skills in English are essential for academic success for English Language Learners (ELLs) but very little research exists on second language oral and literacy skills of ELLs in middle school. For this research report, the oral language and literacy skills of 227 students -...
SSHRC Awarded IG 2017: In everyday conversation, we need to rapidly find referents for pronouns when we process language. This process is guided by what is said, but also by where and how it is said. How do children learn to understand pronouns in real time conversation? This project will...