SearchSkip to Search Results
- 26Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 26Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 2Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Department of
- 2Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Earth and Atmospheric Sciences)
- 1WISEST Summer Research Program
- 1WISEST Summer Research Program/WISEST Research Posters
- 11Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 4Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science
- 4Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 2Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science
- 2Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 2Department of Physics
- 2Boluk, Yaman (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 2Liu, Qingxia (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 2Xu, Zhenghe (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 2Yeung, Anthony (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Bayat, Alireza (Civil Engineering)
- 1Bindiganavile, Vivek (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
Mining haul trucks are operated on different ground conditions subjected to adverse shock loading, creating the need to give more attention to the truck components like suspension, tire, and the operating ground. Extensive experimental research has been done on these components at scale. In...
Canada has the 7th largest road network in the world with a total of 1.13 million kilometers (40% paved and 60% unpaved). Rise in traffic volumes, increased vehicle axle loading, extremely low air temperatures and seasonal freeze-thaw cycles have resulted in decreased performance of the asphalt...
β-Glucan is a soluble fibre shown to help regulate blood sugar and lower cholesterol. Incorporation into food, particularly bread, may affect β-glucan’s physicochemical properties and health benefits. The journey of β-glucan through the mixing, fermenting, baking, and storage of bread was...
Continuous accumulation of Mature Fine Tailings (MFT) is a major challenge to oil sands industry. To reduce the inventory of MFT through development of novel tailings treatment technologies, it is essential to understand the stabilization mechanism of fine solids in MFT. This project aims at...
Development of a yogurt powder formulation that can produce a recombined product with physicochemical and rheological properties similar to those found in commercial Greek-style yogurtsDownload
Greek yogurt (GY) is known as strained or concentrated form with total solids (TS) of at least 22.0% and 14.3% for full and fat free, respectively. TS are increased, in traditional GY, by “draining off” whey after milk fermentation by typical mixture of yogurt bacteria. Current studies were...
Effect of Cellulose Nanocrystal Particles on Rheology, Transport and Mechanical Properties of Oil Well Cement SystemsDownload
The increase in oil consumption during the past few decades, coupled with oil/gas extraction from shale in the recent years has increased drilling and cementing demands. Well cementing operation is one of the most crucial and important steps in any well completion. However, since it takes place...
Thickened tailings technology is implemented in some oil sands operations in order to recycle warm process water, thereby reducing net water draw, and to reduce the size of tailings impoundment areas. The rheology of thickened tailings is complex and time-dependent, and the underlying mechanism...
“High-float” (HF) emulsions are dispersions of micron-sized bitumen droplets in water, with a special type of anionic surfactant functioning as stabilizer. By allowing the water to evaporate from an HF emulsion, what remains is called a “high-float emulsion residue.” Although indistinguishable in...
Hydrothermal Treatment of Low Rank Coal for Making High Solid Loading and Stable Coal Water SlurriesDownload
The objective of this research is to understand the effect of hydrothermal dewatering (HTD) on surface properties, stability and rheological behavior of lignite water slurry (LWS). The surface forces between coal particles are found to be attractive after HTD, which is proven by contact angle and...