SearchSkip to Search Results
- 63Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 63Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 37Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)
- 14Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/AOSERP Reports
- 11Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/Syncrude Canada Ltd. Reports
- 7Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/OSRIN Technical Reports
- 17Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 12Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 11Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 6Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- 6Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 5Department of Renewable Resources
- 2Ayranci, Cagri (Mechanical Engineering)
- 2Bush, Andrew (Earth and Atmospheric Sciences)
- 2Henein, Hani (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 2Kumar, Amit (Department of Mechanical Engineering)
- 1Amos Ben-Zvi (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Backhouse, Chris (Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo)
Two versions of the mesoscale, one-level, primitive equations wind model of Danard (1977) have been adapted to northeastern Alberta. The model starts from a surface wind obtained from a balance between large-scale pressure gradient, Coriolis, and frictional forces. The surface temperatures and...
Multilevel research strategies characterize contemporary molecular inquiry into biological systems. We outline conceptual, methodological, and explanatory dimensions of these multilevel strategies in microbial ecology, systems biology, protein research, and developmental biology. This review of...
This work focuses on validation of a commercial computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software ANSYS Fluent 16.2 applied to multi-phase modeling of fluidized beds. A two-phase Eulerian-Eulerian based model is used to numerically reproduce experiments carried out by Taghipour, F. et al (Chem. Eng....
Nanoscale resonators fabricated from metallic alloys, and modeling and simulation of polycrystalline thin film growthDownload
Part I - We have designed a binary metallic alloy for nanoscale resonator applications. We used magnetron sputtering to deposit films with different stoichiometries of aluminum and molybdenum and then characterized the microstructure and physical properties of each film. A structure zone map is...
Neural networks modelling of stream nitrogen using remote sensing information: model development and applicationDownload
In remotely located forest watersheds, monitoring nitrogen (N) in streams often is not feasible because of the high costs and site inaccessibility. Therefore, modelling tools that can predict N in unmonitored watersheds are urgently needed to support management decisions for these watersheds....
Experimentally-validated nonlinear flight control of a helicopter UAV has two necessary conditions: an estimate of the vehicle’s states from noisy multirate output measurements, and a nonlinear dynamics model with minimum complexity, physically controllable inputs and experimentally identified...
The objective of this dissertation was to find novel adsorbents addressing problems associated with acid gases. They are the most common contaminants in multiple aspects of petroleum processing and combustion gas clean up, which reduce the efficiency of petroleum refining and product quality....
The Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta (SNSM) in northern Colombia, is one of the highest coastal mountains in the world with a maximum height of more than 5.7 km. Geophysical measurements report that there is a high Bouguer gravity anomaly (>+130 mGal) in the region, indicating that the mountain does...
Numerical Simulation Of Water Flow Through Unsaturated Soil In Vertical And Inclined Layered SystemsDownload
In past decades, there were discussions explaining the mechanisms and factors that influence water flow through soil in unsaturated conditions. This phenomenon is of major importance to the mining industry as water is one of the trigger mechanisms for Acid Rock Generation (ARD) generation. In...
This study was part the Canadian International Polar Year (IPY) project entitled Study of Canadian Arctic River-delta Fluxes (IPY-SCARF), aimed at quantifying fluxes from the Mackenzie Delta channels towards the Beaufort Sea. The flow and water level data collected during the study period from...