SearchSkip to Search Results
- 11Mathematical models
- 2Sustainable forestry
- 1Agent based Model
- 1Croasdale, K. R.
- 1Domican, Kailyn P
- 1Jin, Chaochao
- 1Lang, John Cameron
- 1Langford, Cooper H.
- 1Lewis, M. A.
- 7Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 7Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 2Sustainable Forest Management Network
- 2Sustainable Forest Management Network/Project Reports (Sustainable Forest Management Network)
- 1Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program
- 1Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program/Journal Articles (Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering)
- 2Li, Michael (Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences)
- 1Dr. Michael Li (Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences)
- 1Dr. Richard Long (School of Public Health and Department of Medicine)
- 1Li, Michael (Mathematical and Statistical Sciences)
- 1Li, Michael Y. (Mathematics and Statistical Sciences)
- 1Power, Christopher (Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine)
Project Report 1999-23
Project Report 1999-14
In this thesis a mathematical model of HIV transmission and diagnosis is used to estimate the total size of the HIV-positive population and the HIV incidence from HIV case report data for the Province of Alberta. Worldwide, estimates of the size of the HIV-positive population are used to...
Controlled field and laboratory tests were performed to investigate the relationship between ice strength and the maximum ice pressures on vertical piers. The apparatus used in the field tests consisted of a flat indentor (75 cm wide) which was pushed through the ice by hydraulic rams. 27 tests...
Mathematical Models and Inverse Algorithms for Childhood Infectious Diseases with Vaccination - Case Studies in MeaslesDownload
Children are at a high risk of infection since they have not yet developed mature immunity. Childhood infectious diseases, such as measles, chicken pox and mumps, remain epidemic and endemic around the world. Yet, their dynamics are still not fully understood. SIR-type models have been proposed...
Mathematical modeling and experimental validation of thin low platinum content and functionally graded cathode catalyst layersDownload
Low catalyst content remains a key requirement for the commercialization of polymer electrolyte fuel cells (PEFCs) into the energy, transportation, and material handling sectors. Understanding the fundamental phenomena reducing fuel cell performance at various stages of operation play a major...
Understanding human immunodeficiency-1 (HIV-1) replication and latency in different reservoirs is an ongoing challenge in the care of patients with HIV/AIDS. A mathematical model was created that predicted HIV-1 and simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) infection dynamics within the brain during...
Parameter Estimation of Mathematical Models: Estimation of the Burden of HIV Epidemics as a Case StudyDownload
Mathematical models are widely used to describe dynamics in various fields. In practice, it is necessary and important to determine model parameters based on existing data. A major challenge for parameter estimation under modeling framework lies in non-identifiability issue: parameter values on a...
Periodic solutions and bistability in a model for cytotoxic T-lymphocyte (CTL) response to human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I (HTLV-I)Download
HTLV-I is the first discovered human retrovirus and a causative agent of both adult T-cell leukemia (ATL) and HTLV-I-associated myelopathy (or tropical spastic paraparesis) (HAM/TSP). Previous models have been successful in providing insight into the progression of HTLV-I infection. The...