SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Assistive Technology
- 1Bilateral teleoperation systems
- 2Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of
- 2Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of/General Rehabilitation Medicine
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Electrical and Computer Engineering, Department of
- 1Electrical and Computer Engineering, Department of/Presentations (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
This paper presents a study on feedback on touch screen user interfaces devices and how it impacts the use of the device by an individual. This paper looks at how the feedback may help or hinder the usability of a product. There is a focus in the paper on health care devices with touch screen...
• Proprioceptive guidance assists a human operator to perform goal-directed movement by giving kinesthetic feedback. • Proprioceptive guidance enhances motor learning when visual feedback is unreliable, the task has complex kinematics, or is difficult to describe. • These characteristics are...
The PHANToM R devices (SensAble Technologies Inc., MA, USA) provide the users in industry and academia with an opportunity for research and education in virtual reality, haptics, robot motion control and teleoperation. Traditionally, one has to develop C/C++ codes using the OpenHaptics R software...
Multilateral systems involving haptic information sharing between several users have recently found interesting applications in cooperative haptic teleoperation and haptic-assisted training. It is intuitively understood that some tasks are performed more effectively with two hands or through...
In recent years and with the advancement of technologies, the applications of Virtual Reality (VR) have been used in many fields. Technologies such as high-resolution digital displays, GPUs and CPUs, are now able to render complex virtual worlds in real-time. Modern VR systems can create...