SearchSkip to Search Results
- 4Interpersonal relations
- 2Interaction analysis in education
- 1Anthropology of place
- 1Bahaa Harmouche
- 1Barford, Sean W
- 1Connatty, Shelley
- 1Dole, Kate
- 1Ehman, Donald Edward.
- 1Forrester, Margaret Ann.
- 10Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 10Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 2Art and Design, Department of
- 2Art and Design, Department of/Master's Theses (Art & Design)
- 1Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of
- 1Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of/Speech Pathology and Audiology
This research is a visual and empirical ethnography examining the design of clinical / semi-clinical locations of death, in relation to institutionalized dying in contemporary society. Through field observations at two palliative care sites in Alberta and interviews with end-of-life healthcare...
Epiphanies of finitude: a phenomenological study of existential reading
A prominent hypothesis in literary studies is that readers, especially those that are fully immersed, engage empathically with fictional characters. This dissertation provides a critique of the Cartesian assumptions embedded in contemporary (cognitive scientific) models of empathy and then goes...
The present study was concerned with determining the viability of using exposure to video-recordings of individuals who stutter (IWS) to develop in student speech-language pathologists (student SLPs) an empathic understanding of IWS.