SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Allen,Richelle J
- 1Backs, Jonathan A.J.
- 1Booker, Brandon K.
- 1Braithwaite, Shannon Lynn
- 1Chou, Zou-Long
- 1Cui, Tao
- 14Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 14Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Sustainable Forest Management Network
- 1Sustainable Forest Management Network/Project Reports (Sustainable Forest Management Network)
- 1Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of
- 1Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of/Research Publications (Mathematical and Statistical Sciences)
- 3Department of Biological Sciences
- 3Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 2Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 2Department of Renewable Resources
- 1Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science
- 1Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 1Alasdair Syme (Oncology)
- 1Belosevic, Miodrag (Biological Sciences)
- 1Cheng, J.J. Roger (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Chui,Linda (Laboratory Medicine and Pathology)
- 1Daneshmand, Mojgan (Electrical and Computer Engineering) - Supervisor
- 1Dr. Cindy Paszkowski (Department of Biological Sciences) / Dr. David Coltman (Department of Biological Sciences)
An examination of linking and blocking procedures for use in deflection cantilever array-based protein detectionDownload
In this project common linking and blocking procedures were examined for use in multiplexed deflection cantilever array-based detection of proteins. A human interferon gamma (INF-γ) enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) kit was used to evaluate the effectiveness of the linking and blocking...
Application of ROC curve analysis to metabolomics data sets for the detection of cancer in a mouse modelDownload
The goal of this study was to show that quantifiable metabolic changes may be used to screen for cancer. NIH III nude mice (n=22) were injected with human GBM cells, with daily urine samples collected pre and post-injection. 14 mice were injected with saline to serve as controls. The...
Enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli (EHEC) is a pathogen that causes severe disease in humans and has a low infectious dose. Since foodborne EHEC outbreaks continue to be a problem worldwide, improved control and detection methods for EHEC on at-risk foods, such as spinach and beef, are...
Design and Implementation of Chipless RFID-Based Monitoring Sensor System for Coated Metallic Structures' IntegrityDownload
This thesis work presents structural health monitoring (SHM) techniques for coated-metallic structures based on Chipless Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology. The structures of interest for this study include pipelines for crude oil transportation and storage tanks (or terminals). The...
Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) is a worldwide health concern. To detect STEC, a loop mediated isothermal amplification reaction (LAMP) was optimized to detect shiga toxin genes. LAMP’s performance was compared to conventional and real-time (RT) PCR using two product detection...
Developing and Assessing an Environmental DNA Protocol for Detecting Amphibian Species in Lentic Systems in Alberta, CanadaDownload
Global declines of amphibian populations have resulted in increased interest in determining and monitoring the geographic ranges for both endangered and invasive amphibian species. Monitoring programs rely on detection techniques to amass data, techniques that must be dependable in order to...
As the demand for oil and gas resources increases pipeline construction pushes further into the Arctic and sub-Arctic regions. Consequently, these buried pipelines suffer much harsh environmental and complex loading conditions. Moreover, to increase the transporting efficiency, larger size pipes...
Collisions of motorized transport with wildlife impact a wide range of species and can cause injuries and economic losses to people. On roads, vehicle collisions with animals have been studied extensively, resulting in mitigation measures that reduce collisions by segregating animals and...
Numerical Characterization of Ultrasound Elastography for the Early Detection of Deep Tissue InjuriesDownload
Deep tissue injuries - casually termed "bedsores" or "pressure ulcers" - are a type of wound often suffered as secondary injuries in persons with reduced mobility such as those with spinal cord injuries, the elderly, and people with multiple sclerosis. Deep tissue injuries form when excess...