SearchSkip to Search Results
- 13Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 13Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 10Biological Sciences, Department of
- 10Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 4Chemistry, Department of
- 4Chemistry, Department of/Journal Articles (Chemistry)
- 3Department of Chemistry
- 3Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 2Department of Biochemistry
- 2Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 1Department of Biological Sciences
- 1Department of Renewable Resources
- 2Tang, Tian (Mechanical Engineering)
- 1Dew, Steven (Electrical & Computer Engineering)
- 1Dew, Steven K (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 1Dr. Cindy Paszkowski (Department of Biological Sciences) / Dr. David Coltman (Department of Biological Sciences)
- 1Fleck, Brain (Mechanical Engineering)
- 1Gibbs-Davis, Julianne (Chemistry)
Rice is a major food staple for the world's population and serves as a model species in cereal genome research. The Beijing Genomics Institute (BGI) has long been devoting itself to sequencing, information analysis and biological research of the rice and other crop genomes. In order to facilitate...
A repetitive element of approximately 200 bp was cloned from harbour seal (Phoca vitulina concolour) genomic DNA. The sequence of the element revealed putative RNA polymerase III control boxes, a poly A tail and direct terminal repeats characteristic of SINEs. Sequence and secondary structural...
The expression of mouse embryonic U1 snRNA (mU1b) genes is subject to stage- and tissue-specific control, being restricted to early embryos and adult tissues that contain a high proportion of stem cells capable of further differentiation. To determine the mechanism of this control we have sought...
DNA-assisted Heterogeneous Integration of Micro- and Nanoelectronic Devices: Modeling, Control, and Rational Design of Selective AttachmentDownload
Heterogeneous integration is an electronic packaging approach that enables the fabrication and assembly of complete electronic subsystems from components fabricated with different substrates and processes. Current commercial techniques like robotic pick-and-place, fluidic self-assembly, and...
Benzo[a]pyrene diol epoxide (BPDE), a known carcinogen, is a reactive metabolite of benzo[a]pyrene (BP). BP is usually formed during combustion of organic substances, such as cigarette smoke, automobile emission exhaust, and industrial waste burning. BPDE can covalently bind to the nucleobases of...
Developing and Assessing an Environmental DNA Protocol for Detecting Amphibian Species in Lentic Systems in Alberta, CanadaDownload
Global declines of amphibian populations have resulted in increased interest in determining and monitoring the geographic ranges for both endangered and invasive amphibian species. Monitoring programs rely on detection techniques to amass data, techniques that must be dependable in order to...
Effective and adaptive conservation of a species requires knowledge of trend in abundance and distribution. Monitoring species that are highly mobile, cryptic, and occurring at low densities is especially challenging. This research investigates the local factors affecting the detectability of...
Background Insects constitute the vast majority of known species with their importance including biodiversity, agricultural, and human health concerns. It is likely that the successful adaptation of the Insecta clade depends on specific components in its proteome that give rise to specialized...