SearchSkip to Search Results
- 20Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 20Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Sustainable Forest Management Network
- 1Sustainable Forest Management Network/Project Reports (Sustainable Forest Management Network)
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 4Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 3Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 3Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 2Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science
- 2Department of Educational Psychology
- 1Department of Biomedical Engineering
- 2Koch, Bob (Mechanical Engineering)
- 2Rinaldi, Christina (Educational Psychology)
- 2Tavakoli, Mahdi (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 1Ben-Zvi, Amos (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Biao Huang, Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 1Dubljevic, Stevan (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
Parabolic partial differential equations (PDEs) are used as models of transport-reaction phenomena in a variety of different industrial chemical and materials engineering processes, and can yield precise descriptions of process variables with complex temporal and spatially dependent system...
Characterization and Control of Cyclic Variability in a Gasoline/Natural Gas Dual-Injection Spark Ignition EngineDownload
Reducing the cyclic variability of a gasoline/natural gas dual injection spark ignition engine using minimum variance control is the subject of this thesis. Cylinder pressure is used to calculate four combustion metrics, the standard deviation of which is used as an indicator of cyclic...
Children’s and Fathers’ Perceptions of Fathers’ Use of Structure, Negative Control, and Autonomy SupportDownload
The current study investigated fathers’ and children’s perspectives of fathers’ use of structure, negative control, and autonomy support parenting behaviours in relation to children’s internalizing, externalizing, and adaptive behaviours, and father-child attachment. Researchers interviewed 55...
Enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli (EHEC) is a pathogen that causes severe disease in humans and has a low infectious dose. Since foodborne EHEC outbreaks continue to be a problem worldwide, improved control and detection methods for EHEC on at-risk foods, such as spinach and beef, are...
Sheet and film forming processes refer to a set of processes that have a 2-dimensional sheet or film as their output. They are typically characterized by a scanning sensor which moves between the edges of the sheet in a periodic manner. This work is concerned with control and monitoring of such...
Cardiovascular disease causes the greatest number of deaths worldwide each year according to the World Health Organization . Hence, many patients require cardiovascular surgery each year. Short of stopping the motion of the heart at the beginning of a cardiac procedure, the surgeon would...
Control, Modulation, and Protection Strategies for Modular Multilevel Converters in Smart AC and DC Grids ApplicationsDownload
The technical viability of the modular multilevel converter (MMC) technology for a wide range of applications from low- to high-voltage systems has resulted in the rapid deployment of these converters in smart ac and dc grids. The features that MMCs offer, including common dc-link, modularity,...
Enterprises must manage their information risk as part of their larger operational risk management program. Traditionally, IT security investment decisions are made in isolation. However, as firms that compete for customers in an industry are closely interlinked, a macro perspective is needed in...
Farkas, R., Kaufman, R., Jachim, A., Chomel, B., Otranto, D., Guillot, J., Franc, M., Wall, R., Pfister, K., Jongejan, F., Pollmeier, M., Inokuma, H., Beugnet, F., Baneth, G., Sainz, A., Bowman, A. S., Halos, L.
Although widely used, the term repellency needs to be employed with care when applied to ticks and other periodic or permanent ectoparasites. Repellency has classically been used to describe the effects of a substance that causes a flying arthropod to make oriented movements away from its source....
Diagenetic Controls on Hydrothermal Fluid Flow in the Osiris, Isis, and Isis East Carlin-Type Gold Showings, Nadaleen Trend, YukonDownload
Following ATAC Resources Ltd.’s 2010 discovery of the gold prospects in the Nadaleen Trend (Central Yukon), company geologists and consultants determined that Precambrian carbonate rocks within the trend contain large endowments of gold located in the hinges of anticlines and fault zones. ...