SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Academic Libraries
- 1Alternative metrics
- 1Author disambiguation
- 1Author identification systems
- 3University of Alberta Libraries
- 3University of Alberta Libraries/Libraries Staff Publications
- 1Education, Faculty of
- 1Education, Faculty of/Graduate Research Showcase (Education)
- 1Medicine and Dentistry, Faculty of
- 1Medicine and Dentistry, Faculty of/Alberta Research Centre for Health Evidence (ARCHE)
In a vast sea of scholarly information, getting your publications and research noticed is challenging. New researchers may find themselves frustrated by traditional citation measurement tools which rely on longevity-based data such as impact factors. However, you can take advantage of the latest...
Impact Factors, Citation Metrics, and Altmetrics (Or: Can Tweets be as Valuable as Good Impact Factor?)Download
The poster will provide an overview of traditional and newly emerging impact metric tools and how they are changing decision making processes in determining research impact. Evidence-based examples will be provided to equip subject librarians in addressing the needs of their faculty and...
Measuring Research: Impact Factors, Citation Metrics, and "Altmetrics": Can Tweets be more important than a good Impact Factor?