SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Neurological communication disorders
- 2Administration, Inhalation
- 2Adrenergic beta-2 Receptor Agonists/administration & dosage*
- 14Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of
- 14Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of/Speech Pathology and Audiology
- 12Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 12Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 3School of Public Health
- 2Nursing, Faculty of
- 2Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
- 2Department of Educational Psychology
- 1Department of Medicine
- 1Department of Psychiatry
- 1Department of Public Health Sciences
- 1Department of Renewable Resources
- 2Cummine, Jacqueline (Communication Sciences and Disorders)
- 1Alagiadrishnan, Kannayiram (Department of Medicine)
- 1Beach, Jeremy (Department of Medicine)
- 1Boliek, Carol (Communication Sciences and Disorders)
- 1Boliek, Carol (Communications Sciences and Disorders)
- 1Dederich, Douglas (Dentistry)
A Pilot Study of Voice Therapy Incorporating a Vibration Device Placed at the Larynx for Adults with Vocal Fatigue
A Pilot Study of Voice Therapy Incorporating a Vibration Device Placed at the Larynx for Adults with Vocal FatigueDownload
Vocal fatigue, a symptom of prolonged voice use in everyday life, is a common concern among individuals who frequently use their voices in both professional and non-professional capacities. The purpose of this pilot study was to explore the use of vibration therapy as a treatment for vocal...
A Review of Home-Based Computerized Auditory Training Programs for Adult Cochlear Implant RecipientsDownload
It has been documented that clinicians working in cochlear implant clinics that provide service to adult cochlear implant recipients feel they do not have sufficient expertise with auditory training protocols, don't have access to enough resources, and do not have enough manpower to offer...
This study examined whether the iPad and associated apps facilitates therapy with adults, and how it can be successfully integrated into speech-language pathology. Of the 28 participants in the study, 16 were clinicians and 12 were students in the MSc. Speech-Language Pathology program at the...
Adult Education to Help Reduce Child Sexual Abuse: Developing Novel Classroom and Online Approaches Designed to Change Knowledge, Attitudes, and BehavioursDownload
Child sexual abuse (CSA) is common and individuals who experience CSA have higher rates of psychopathology and higher risk of medical, psychological, behavioural, and sexual disorders than those who have not been sexually abused. Adults who interact with children are in ideal positions to reduce...
Purpose To create a normative database of 160 participants across a variety of commonly used airway clearance behaviours in healthy adults. This is the beginning phase of a larger project that aims to explore airway clearance behaviours in patients with neuromuscular diseases and conditions. As...
Interactions with animals have long been shown to improve human health through improved mood, increased physical activity, and decreased anxiety and social isolation (Fine, 2015). These effects have been harnessed in healthcare through therapeutic approaches such as animal-assisted therapy (AAT)....
Adults with neurological communication disorders have the potential to benefit from the materials, technology, and services available at their local libraries. The purpose of this project was to analyze and revise the form, content, and use of a materials pamphlet intended to facilitate access to...
Inconsistent results have been reported in studies investigating the relationship between serum vitamin D levels and respiratory outcomes. In this thesis, data from the Canadian Health Measures Survey were used to examine the relationship between serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D [25(OH)D] levels and...
This thesis consists of 2 closely linked projects that evaluate the importance of depressive symptoms (hereafter, for brevity, referred to as “depression”) for short-term prognosis after general medical hospitalizations. Project 1 systematically reviews the literature to examine whether...