SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1112Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 3Department of Biomedical Engineering
- 2Department of Biological Sciences
- 2Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
- 1Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 1Department of Human Ecology
- 2Bendrich, Michelle
- 2Hoseinzadeh Hejazi, Sayed Alireza
- 2Hosseininejad, Seyed Shaham Aldin
- 2Lu, Junfang
- 2Martinez Tobon, Diana Isabel
- 2Sohrabi, Amirreza
- 43Xu, Zhenghe (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 33Huang, Biao (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 31Liu, Qingxia (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 24Zeng, Hongbo (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 20Gupta, Rajender (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 19Henein, Hani (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
In this study, the interactions between pentlandite and gangue minerals (i.e. serpentine, olivine, magnesite) were investigated by directly measuring the zeta potential distributions. In addition, an atomic force microscope (AFM) was used to measure the interaction forces between a silicon...
Severe localized corrosion was found throughout an aeration tank of a modular wastewater treatment plant. Specifically, pitting, crevice corrosion, galvanic corrosion, and intergranular corrosion (IGC) were observed on the 5000 and 6000 series aluminum alloys used in the tank’s construction. One...
Fundamental Studies of the Surface Properties of Millerite under Different Pulp Potentials and Water ChemistryDownload
Millerite (NiS) is one of the less common nickel-bearing minerals that is typically formed as a replacement for pentlandite. Due to the scarcity of millerite, its flotation behavior is not well understood in literature. In this study, the surface properties of millerite were investigated. Cyclic...
Activity, selectivity and stability enhancements often observed in bimetallic catalysts make them an inseparable part of today’s chemical industry. However, it is usually problematic to understand the real interactions resulting in such improvements due to the lack of control over the bimetallic...
In this study, a new arranged catalyst support with distinct open pore morphology has been fabricated via thermal oxidation of an FeCrAl alloy with an aim to address mass transfer limitations that conventional supports have due to their internal porosity. Subsequent characterization tests...
This study dealt with two experimental topics. One topic evaluated the relationship between molar refractivity and the experimentally measurable parameters refractive index, density and molar mass. The other topic dealt with an experimental method to determine oxygen solubility in...
This work presents the numerical study of chemically reacting char particles in dense particulate media applied to fixed and fluidized beds. Our main goal was to approximate 3D fixed bed particles into 2D axisymmetric geometry using a representative element, which is found in Chapter 1. Dry air...
A further look at Archard’s Equation to extract additional information from the material loss ~ load curveDownload
Archard’s wear equation has been widely used in industry for preliminary selection of materials mainly based on hardness. According to Archard’s equation, the material wear rate is linearly proportional to the normal force. However, the wear rate or material volume loss per unit sliding distance...