SearchSkip to Search Results
- 348Campbell, Sandy
- 8Beaudreau, Diane, biologist, artist
- 3Alberta Aviation Museum
- 3Inuvialuit Cultural Resource Centre
- 3Ivanova, Semenova Polina
- 1AALCO (Anglo American Leather Company) (Decorator)
- 348Canadian Circumpolar Institute
- 344Canadian Circumpolar Institute/Circumpolar Digital Image Collection
- 7University of Alberta Library
- 7University of Alberta Library/Libraries Staff Publications
- 3Canadian Circumpolar Institute/Circumpolar Collection
- 1Canadian Circumpolar Institute/50th Anniversary Celebration
- 55Canada, Northwest Territories, Yellowknife
- 37Russia, St. Petersburg
- 21September, 2016
- 15Public Art - Polar Regions
This sphinx sits at the north east corner of the Egyptian Bridge, which crosses the Fontanka River in St. Petersburg, Russia. The Lermontovsky Prospekt runs over the bridge. There are four cast iron sphinxes at the corners of the bridge. They were created by Pavel Sokolov in 1825/26.
This flower and herb garden is on the southeast corner of the Church Pond (kirkkolampi). In spite of its high latitude (66.5039° N), this garden includes many typical garden plants: irises, peonies, columbines, poppies, saxifrag, and dragon's head. This image shows a collection of columbines in...
This snowplane, built in 1932 by Fudge Snow Sedans of Moosomin, Saskatchewan. It is currently on display at the Reynolds Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin, Alberta (R 2007.005.0001). A Ford Model A engine mounted on the exterior back of the vehicle drives a propeller. The vehicle travelled on four...
This work is one of many that are found on the exterior of buildings in Yellowknife. This work is painted on several pieces of plywood nailed together. The image includes a landscape with spring on the left and winter on the far right. The winter sky shows the aurora borealis. Animals include...
Norwegian currently has 8 Norwegian Air Boeing 737 MAX 8s in its fleet of about 150 aircraft. One of the most identifiable characteristics of this aircraft are the "winglets" or wingtip structures which reduce drag. The aircraft seats 189 passengers and has two pilots and a 4 person cabin...
These frozen keta salmon heads were for sale in a grocery store in St. Petersburg, Russia in September, 2015. They were priced at 159.90 Rubles/kg or about CA$3.20/kg.
These boots by Semenova Polina Ivanova were on display with a matching hat, coat and bag at the National Art Museum of The Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) in Yakutsk.
This aircraft is now housed in the Aviation Hall of the Royal Armed Forces and Military History Museum in Brussels, Belgium.