Conference Proceedings (Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering)
Items in this Collection
- 2Beier, Nicholas
- 2Zheng, Tony
- 1Akhila Palat
- 1Haji Abdulrazagh, Parisa
- 1Hendry, Michael T
- 1Hendry, Michael T.
- 4Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program
- 4Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program/Conference Proceedings (Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering)
- 2Civil and Environmental Engineering, Department of
- 2Civil and Environmental Engineering, Department of/Presentations (Civil & Environmental Engineering)
- 1Canadian Rail Research Laboratory (CaRRL)
- 1Canadian Rail Research Laboratory (CaRRL)/Conference Materials (CaRRL)
Existing models of soil behavior have been developed based on the understanding of the interaction between particles, much of it is conceptually based on sand and modified to describe the behaviors of clayey soils. There are other classes of fibrous soils and soils amended with fibers for which...
The Canadian Rail Research Laboratory hosted the inaugural Canadian & Cold Regions Rail Research Conference November 9-10, 2021. Professionals and researchers involved with railway engineering had opportunities to present ideas, learn of new developments and technologies, make professional...
A system dynamics (SD) model was developed in the Tailings Management Simulator (TMSim) to simulate consolidation processes under quiescent conditions. A top-down iterative approach guides the overall philosophy of the modelling process. The GoldSim software was used as the main simulation...
Tailings Management System (TMS) consists of a web of inter-related sub-systems across disciplinary and organizational boundaries. Conventional predictive models simulate physical processes in each discipline with great details. In contrast, simulation based on System Dynamics (SD) focuses on...