SearchSkip to Search Results
- 998Bryan, Dr. Alan L.
- 998Gruhn, Dr. Ruth
- 998University of Alberta Department of Anthropology
- 650Ami, Dr. H. M.
- 351Hill Times Publishing
- 269Toronto Stock Exchange
- 707lithic tools
- 240Stock exchanges--Canada--Tables--Periodicals
- 236Toronto Stock Exchange--Periodicals
- 181lithic debitage
- 1020Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1020Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1000Anthropology, Department of
- 998Anthropology, Department of/Bryan/Gruhn Archaeology Collection
- 752University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources
- 256University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources/Daily Record (Toronto Stock Exchange)
- 293Article (Published)
- 156Research Material
- 54Conference/Workshop Presentation
- 97Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 83Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 57Department of Biological Sciences
- 51Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 49Department of Chemistry
- 47Department of Computing Science
The chestnuts in this park were dropping their chestnuts. On impact, many of the green outer husks would crack open to reveal the hard brown chestnut inside. The ladies in the park were gathering up chestnuts for children.
Background: In Pakistan, abortions occupy a highly contentious space. Legal and religious restrictions have created a substantial social stigma around this procedure. Irrespective of this restrictive environment however, women continue to pursue abortion services often turning to clandestine...
Hide tanning is a technological innovation that spans tens of thousands of years. Without it, humans would not have been able to expand into harsh and unforgiving environments. Despite the importance and time depth of this act, hide tanning remains an often-overlooked aspect of the archaeological...
This thesis examines the role that language plays in labor conflict. Nelson (2003: 449) argues that words are necessary for conflict: words initiate, maintain, elevate, defuse, and can resolve human conflict. My study follows Nelson in an exploration of how language was mobilized during the...
Research clearly shows that preterm children have working memory (WM) impairments. However, the WM profile of preterm children is still unclear as the methodologies used in different studies are highly varied. It is unable to gain insight into the relative strengths and weaknesses of the...
This rock is a chip from the oldest rock in the world, a crustal outcrop at Acasta River, Northwest Territories. It is 3.962 billion years old and is comprised of zircons, quartz, plagioclass fedlspars, biotite, hornblende, allanite, sphene, garnet, magnetite, pyrite, chalcopyrite, sphalerite...
Xylo-oligosaccharides and virginiamycin differentially modulate gut microbial composition in chickensDownload
Background The emergence and spread of antibiotic resistance in pathogens have led to a restriction on the use of antibiotic growth promoters (AGPs) in animal feed in some countries. The potential negative after-effects of a ban on AGPs could be mitigated by improving animal intestinal health...