SearchSkip to Search Results
- 534Ami, Dr. H. M.
- 534Bryan, Dr. Alan L.
- 534Curtis Scally
- 534Gruhn, Dr. Ruth
- 348Hill Times Publishing
- 267Toronto Stock Exchange
- 422lithic tools
- 166Stock exchanges--canada--tables--periodicals
- 129Toronto stock exchange--periodicals
- 126Toronto Stock Exchange--Periodicals
- 120utilized flake
- 776Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 776Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 713University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources
- 534Anthropology, Department of
- 534Anthropology, Department of/Bryan/Gruhn Archaeology Collection
- 254University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources/Daily Record (Toronto Stock Exchange)
- 183Article (Published)
- 28Conference/Workshop Presentation
- 16Research Material
- 54Department of Biological Sciences
- 49Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 47Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 38Department of Computing Science
- 38Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 31Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Wheelchair ergometry exercise and the SenseWear Pro Armband (SWA): a preliminary study with healthy controlsDownload
Purpose. To investigate the validity of the Sense Wear Pro Armband (SWA) to measure energy expenditure (EE) in healthy participants using wheelchair ergometry as an exercise modality. Method. Minute by minute EE was measured simultaneously using the SWA and indirect calorimetry(IC) during three...
A whole genome scan was conducted to identify and fine map QTL regions for ultrasound and carcass merit traits in beef cattle. A total of 465 steers and bulls, genotyped for 4592 SNPs, were analysed for 16 ultrasound and carcass merit traits using interval mapping, single marker regression and...
This study examines the motivations of participants in networked, large-scale content production and research – a paradigm of distributed work magnified by the Internet. This has come to be called crowdsourcing. The approach taken in examining the crowdsourcing paradigm is of retrospection, with...
Windsor House school: Systems, procedures and curriculum that support a democratic educational philosophyDownload
It is my belief that people learn best in situations where they respect and value the people from whom that are leaning as well as feel respected and valued themselves. For these reasons human relationships in learning environments are very important. Democratic structures help to support...
There has been a dramatic increase in the number of females entering the orthodontic profession over the past few decades, however, there is very little published literature on female orthodontists and work-family balance. A qualitative study, using the framework of phenomenology, was used to...
SFM Network Research Note Series No. 67
This project entails a critical examination of the race/culture divide in human services from the vantage point of middle women – non-professional grassroots advocates who emerged in the 1990s to address inequities that minoritized immigrants experience with main stream human services in Canada....
Writing and Imagining the Crusade in Fifteenth-Century Burgundy: The Case of the Expedition Narrative in Jean de Wavrin's Anciennes Chroniques d'AngleterreDownload
Scholars have long been attentive to the cultural legacy of Valois Burgundy – a site of remarkable artistic and literary productivity in the mostly desolate cultural landscape of fifteenth-century France. It is only recently, however, that critics have begun to interrogate Burgundian courtly...
Yield implications of site preparation treatments for lodgepole pine and white spruce in northern British ColumbiaDownload
Abstract: We evaluated the effects of site preparation treatments on growth of lodgepole pine and white spruce in north-eastern British Columbia, Canada. These treatments can provide yield gains of up to 10 percent for lodgepole pine and white spruce at 60 and 80 years, respectively (estimated...