SearchSkip to Search Results
- 37Tucker, Benjamin V.
- 2Mukai, Yoichi
- 2Podlubny, Ryan G.
- 2Porretta, Vincent
- 2Tomaschek, Fabian
- 2Warner, Natasha
- 10Massive Auditory Lexical Decision
- 4Spoken Word Recognition
- 2MALD, Auditory Lexical Decision, dataset
- 2Phonetics, Psycholinguistics
- 33Linguistics, Department of
- 16Linguistics, Department of/Massive Auditory Lexical Decision (MALD) Database
- 12Linguistics, Department of/Research Publications (Linguistics)
- 4Linguistics, Department of/Research Materials (Linguistics)
- 3WISEST Summer Research Program
- 3WISEST Summer Research Program/WISEST Research Posters
Spoken language manifests itself as change over time in various acoustic dimensions. While it seems clear that acoustic-phonetic information in the speech signal is key to language processing, little is currently known about which specific types of acoustic information are relatively...
Coarticulatory Acoustic Detail: Supplementary Material
In the present study, we investigate the informativity of anticipatory coarticulatory acoustic detail about inflectional suffixes in English verbs, performing two experiments in which listeners classified inflectional functions of verbs. We observed that listener response latencies were slower...
This article describes a collaborative project for language documentation involving the North American indigenous languages of Mohave and Chemehuevi. We define the essential elements of field methods and of project design while proposing a basic model for collaborative community-based projects in...
Natural, spontaneous speech (and even quite careful speech) often shows extreme reduction of many speech segments, even resulting in apparent deletion of consonants. Where the flap ([ɾ]) allophone of /t/ and /d/ is expected in American English, one frequently sees an approximant-like or even...
Intelligibility and degree of accentedness are interrelated aspects of non-native speech. Previous research suggests that foreign accentedness is influenced by phonetic distance measures . These distance measures may also influence the intelligibility of individual words. In the present study...