SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of
- 1Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of/Research Publications (Mathematical and Statistical Sciences)
Evaluating trade-offs: the effects of foraging, biting flies, and footing on wood bison (Bison bison athabascae) habitat useDownload
Understanding the distribution of forage is important in predicting the distribution, habitat use (behaviour), movements, and fitness-related traits of large, grazing ungulates. Although this bottom-up perspective provides a foundation for understanding habitat supply and thus nutrition, foraging...
Trade-offs between dispersal and reproduction are known to be important drivers of population dynamics, but their direct influence on the spreading speed of a population is not well understood. Using integrodifference equations, we develop a model that incorporates a dispersal–reproduction...