SearchSkip to Search Results
- 6Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 6Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch
- 1Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch/Journal Articles (Kinsella Ranch)
- 1Dr. Mirko Betti (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Greiner, Russell (Computing Science)
- 1Henein, Hani (Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Ivey, Douglas (Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Joseph, Tim (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Kalra, Sanjay (Medicine)
A good understanding of the behavior of broken rock helps us to make more informed decisions regarding geo-structures. The geometry of particles and confining pressure play a significant role on the behavior of broken rock. Angularity, form and texture are three parameters that represent the...
Nutrient distribution in sandy soils along a forest productivity gradient in the Athabasca Oil Sands Region, Alberta, CanadaDownload
Brunisolic soils developed on coarse textured (sandy loam to sand) deposits comprise a significant portion of the land currently being disturbed by surface mining in the Athabasca Oil Sands Region of Alberta, Canada. The goals of this study were to determine (i) how the physical properties of...
Chicken dark meat has been considered as a major underutilized commodity due to the increasing demand for further processed breast meat products. Alkali aided protein extraction is an option to increase the utilization of chicken dark meat. First, the effect of pH (10.5-12.0) on alkaline...
This thesis addresses the challenge of prognosis, in terms of survival prediction, for patients with Glioblastoma Multiforme brain tumors. Glioblastoma is the most malignant brain tumor, which has a median survival time of no more than a year. Accurate assessment of prognostic factors is critical...
X-ray diffraction (XRD) profile fitting (Rietveld method) was used in this study to characterize the microstructure for seven microalloyed steels, which were produced through thermomechanical controlled processing (TMCP). Microstructure characterization was conducted through the strip thickness....
Image texture is defined as visual patterns appearing in images. The powerful perceptive capability of texture features has made texture analysis a major research topic in computer vision and image processing. Texture features are used to detect defective products in factories, to understand...
Steaks from longissimus lumborum and semimembranosus muscles, aged 2 or 27 d, were obtained from a population of steers (n=112) managed to produce a range in tenderness (shear force range from 2.57 to 17.2 kg). All available carcass (live weight, hot commercial weight, pH, temperature, marbling,...
UV-C light inactivation of penicillium expansum on pear surfaces: Influence on physicochemical and sensory quality during storageDownload
UV-C inactivation kinetic data of Penicillium expansum on intact and wounded pear disks were determined. P. expansum conidia (0.5 mL, 1.6 × 107 CFU/mL) were spot inoculated onto intact and wounded pear tissue with skin (excised disks), treated with UV-C doses ranging 0.101–3.06 kJ/m2 at 23 °C and...