SearchSkip to Search Results
- 72Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 72Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 8Physics, Department of
- 8Physics, Department of/Journal Articles (Physics)
- 6Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of
- 6Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of/Research Publications (Mathematical and Statistical Sciences)
- 33Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 9Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 8Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 5Department of Computing Science
- 5Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 2Department of Physics
- 5AbouRizk, Simaan (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 5Al-Hussein, Mohamed (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 3Mohamed, Yasser (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 3Nikolaidis, Ioanis (Computing Science)
- 2AbouRizk, Simaan (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 2Boulanger, Pierre (Computing Science)
Connected Vehicle (CV) technology is a promising advancement that has the potential to improve traffic safety and traffic efficiency, and support other Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) applications through facilitating vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication. Since...
A Framework for Design of Panelized Wood Framing Prefabrication Utilizing Multi-panels and Crew BalancingDownload
The construction industry is highly competitive and continually striving towards improving its performance in terms of time, cost, quality, and safety. Improved performance is essential to survival in today’s construction market. In this regard, measuring productivity can facilitate improved...
This research focuses on the accounts payable function in construction firms. The cash conversion cycle includes accounts payable and accounts receivable support functions. Research objectives focus on mapping the existing accounts payable processes in construction, building a model to represent...
Construction project costs are exchanged in the form of large numbers of purchase orders, which translates into many thousands of invoices. In typical contractual relationships, these invoices are exchanged between all parties involved in a construction project, including owners, engineers,...
Although much academic research has been performed in the study of construction process simulation, this research has not seen mainstream application in the construction industry. Many factors play a deterrent role in the adoption of simulation by construction end users, mainly the time, cost and...
Technical report TR95-15. This paper has three main contributions to our understanding of fixed-depth minimax search: (A) A new formulation for Stockman's SSS* algorithm, based on Alpha-Beta, is presented. It solves all the perceived drawbacks of SSS, finally transforming it into a practical...
Transceiver duty-cycling (DC) is a popular technique to conserve energy in a wireless sensor network (WSN). In this thesis, our overall objective is to study the performance of a DC WSN. Namely, we consider the performance of a DC WSN from the point of throughput, as well as energy consumption,...
In today’s vehicle applications, Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) ammonia dosing is completed using complex control algorithms that need to be parameterized for the individual catalytic converter technology. The parameterization of these control strategies is not always completed during the...
A new class of discrete random fields designed for quick simulation and covariance inference under inhomogenous conditions is introduced and studied. Simulation of these correlated fields can be done in a single pass instead of relying on multi-pass convergent methods like the Gibbs Sampler or...
A narrative study of the experiences of student nurses who have participated in the Hearing Voices that are Distressing SimulationDownload
The aim of this study was to provide nursing students with an experiential learning opportunity which simulated living with the challenge of voice hearing. The purpose was to access understanding and insights of nursing students who completed “Hearing Voices that are Distressing: A Training...