SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Biggar, K. W.
- 1Bixby, Rebecca J.
- 1Boston, Penelope J.
- 1Bowling, Michael
- 1Hofmann, B. A.
- 1Jones, Brian
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program
- 1Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program/Journal Articles (Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering)
- 1Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Department of
- 1Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Earth and Atmospheric Sciences)
Modeling spatial variables involves uncertainty. Uncertainty is affected by the degree to which a spatial variable has been sampled: decreased spacing between samples leads to decreased uncertainty. The reduction in uncertainty due to increased sampling is dependent on the properties of the...
Abstract: One of the primary objectives of the Canadian Liquefaction Experiment (CANLEX) project was to develop and evaluate undisturbed sampling techniques as part of the overall goal to focus and coordinate Canadian geotechnical expertise on the topic of soil liquefaction. Six sites were...
Technical report TR09-15. Sequential decision-making with multiple agents and imperfect information is commonly modeled as an extensive game. One efficient method for computing Nash equilibria in large, zero-sum, imperfect information games is counterfactual regret minimization (CFR). In the...
We report on a reticulated filament found in modern and fossil cave samples that cannot be correlated to any known microorganism or organism part. These filaments were found in moist environments in five limestone caves (four in New Mexico, U.S.A., one in Tabasco, Mexico), and a basalt lava tube...
In the Rocky Mountain foothills of Alberta, Canada, activities of the forestry and energy sectors have resulted in the installation of tens of thousands of stream-crossing structures. In fifteen Athabasca River basins I found that culverts impeded upstream movements of non-sportfish species...