SearchSkip to Search Results
- 19Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 19Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 2University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources
- 2University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources/Maroon Films Inc.
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 4Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science
- 2Comparative Literature
- 2Department of Educational Policy Studies
- 2Department of Sociology
- 1Department of Anthropology
- 1Department of English and Film Studies
- 1Davidge, Sandra T. (Physiology/Obstetrics and Gynecology)
- 1Dr. Dip Kapoor (Educational Policy Studies)
- 1Dr. Lloyd Dosdall, Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Sciences
- 1Dr. Nat Kav, Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Sciences
- 1Dunch, Ryan (History & Classics, East Asian Studies)
- 1Gotell, Lise (Women's Studies)
A Critical Ethnography of Dispossession, Indigenous Sovereignty and Knowledge Production in Resistance in SamoaDownload
Samoa’s independence in 1962 came with high expectations for sovereignty and freedom from colonial domination. The continued struggle against material and social dispossession during fifty-four years of independence, however, suggests that the tentacles of colonialism are hard to dislodge....
Anti-Cancer Mechanism of Trastuzumab via Blocking Nuclear HER2 Function and Epigenetic Mechanism of ResistanceDownload
HER2 receptor tyrosine kinase (encoded by ERBB2 gene) is overexpressed in approximately 25% of all breast cancer tumors (known as HER2-positive breast cancers). Overexpression of HER2 causes overactivation of downstream receptor tyrosine kinase pathways including PI3K/Akt and MAPK pathways and is...
Assessments of novel transgenic germplasm and treatment with the phytohormone cytokinin for reducing feeding damage by flea beetles, Phyllotreta spp. (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae) in canolaDownload
Flea beetles [Phyllotreta cruciferae (Goeze) and Phyllotreta striolata (Fabricius)] (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae) pose significant threats to early canola seedling establishment. The resistance potential of transgenic Brassica napus expressing cDNA encoding pea PR10.1 and 10.4 (ABR17) in Westar and...
While studies in Renaissance childhoods, literary and historical, are becoming more prominent, this work has failed to distinguish between children and adolescents, leaving youth, as such, largely unexamined. My project attends not to the children of early modern drama, but to post-pubescent...
Beyond Collaboration and Resistance: Accommodation at the Weihsien Internment Camp, China, 1943-1945Download
In this thesis, I explore the experiences of some 2,000 allied civilians in the Japanese-run Weihsien Internment Camp (濰縣集中營) in Shandong, China from 1943 to 1945. Beyond serving as a counterpoint to the Japanese internment in North America during the Second World War, the Weihsien Camp also...
The growing presence and influence of China across the African continent has attracted considerable local and international attention and even controversy. On the one hand, the burgeoning ‘China in Africa’ literature tends to focus on pessimistic assertions about the exploitative aspects of the...
In this thesis, I engage with the following research problem: how the body can practically, theoretically, and comprehensively be brought back into conversations of disability, while simultaneously acknowledging the agency (vis-à-vis independence) of individuals with disabilities as well as...
In Greenland today oil, gas, and mineral resource development is being pursued as a means for financial independence from the Kingdom of Denmark. Such development carries the potential for radical and unprecedented environmental and societal change. Recent years have witnessed intense political...
Deletion or substitution of conserved amino acid residues at the tip of the domain IV of Tet(O) impairs tetracycline resistanceDownload
Resistance to tetracycline (Tc), an inhibitor of protein synthesis, decreases its effectiveness for the treatment of bacterial infections. Tc resistance (TcR) can be mediated by the ribosomal protection protein, Tet(O), which was first reported in Campylobacter jejuni, a cause of bacterial...