SearchSkip to Search Results
- 4Löbenberg, Raimar
- 4Serpe, Michael J.
- 3Azarmi, Shirzad
- 3Roa, Wilson H.
- 2Finlay, W. H.
- 2Gao, Yongfeng
- 37Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 37Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 6Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of
- 6Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of/Journal Articles (Pharmacy)
- 4Chemistry, Department of
- 4Chemistry, Department of/Journal Articles (Chemistry)
- 8Article (Published)
- 1Article (Draft / Submitted)
- 1Conference/Workshop Poster
- 1Conference/Workshop Presentation
- 8Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science
- 8Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 6Department of Chemistry
- 4Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 3Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- 2Department of Biological Sciences
- 2Semagina, Natalia (Chemical and Material Engineering)
- 1Babadagli, Tayfun (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Babadagli, Tayfun (School of Mining & Petroleum Engineering)
- 1Babadagli, Tayfun (School of Mining and Petroleum Engineering)
- 1Buriak, Jillian (Chemistry)
- 1Buriak, Jillian M. (Chemistry)
A new aerosol particle classiﬁer, the Aerodynamic Aerosol Classifier (AAC), is presented with some of its applications. The instrument uses a centrifugal force and sheath flow between two concentric rotating cylinders to produce a monodisperse aerosol classified by aerodynamic diameter. Since...
Aquatic organisms are susceptible to waterborne nanoparticles and there is only limited understanding of the mechanisms by which these emerging contaminants affect biological processes. The unique properties of nanomaterials necessitate evaluation of standard toxicity testing techniques to...
The purpose of this project was to formulate, modify and evaluate nanoparticles for targeting asialoglycoprotein receptor found in large numbers exclusively on hepatocyte surfaces. Our goal is to increase the efficacy, reduce the side effects and the cost of the hydrophilic drugs administered to...
Benign-by-Design: Synthesis of Engineered Silicon Nanoparticles and their Application to Oil Sands Water Contaminant RemediationDownload
Oil sands are naturally occurring mixtures of sand or clay, water, fine silts, and bitumen. The oil sands extraction process consumes large volumes of water (i.e., ca. 3 barrels of fresh water for every 1 barrel of oil). Following the extraction of bitumen from the oil sands, a tailings slurry...
Chicken feathers are byproduct of poultry industries and except some minor low end application, they are generally dumped into landfills. An effort has been made to utilize this by-product by transforming them into nano-reinforced bioplastics which is not only a solution to feather waste disposal...
The objective of this thesis is to design nanoparticle (NP)-based drug delivery systems suitable for treatment of bone diseases. Two types of nanocarriers, (1) polymer coated bovine serum albumin (BSA) NPs and (2) lipid based NPs (micelles and liposomes) were investigated. The BSA NPs were...
Cell-electronic Sensing of Cellular Responses and Toxicity Induced by Nanoparticles and Arsenic SpeciesDownload
We demonstrate the development of a real-time cell analysis (RTCA) platform for studying nanoparticle- and arsenic-induced cytotoxicity with potential applications to risk assessment, environmental toxicity monitoring, and drug development. RTCA is an impedance-based in vitro detection system...
Particulate matter emitted from two direct injection engines has been characterized by morphology, volatility, mass-mobility exponent, effective density, and size distribution using tandem measurements from a centrifugal particle mass analyzer (CPMA) and differential mobility analyzers (DMA). The...
Characterization of magnetic nanoparticles as contrast agents and their application for quantitative magnetic susceptibility monitoring of the waterflooding of heavy oil in real timeDownload
Waterflooding is one enhanced oil recovery process used in heavy oil reservoirs such as at Cold Lake in North-Eastern Alberta. However, little has been published in terms of imaging heavy oil waterfloods, mainly due to the similar densities of water and heavy oil, which makes it difficult to...
Dendritic cells (DCs) play a central role in shaping antigen-specific immune response. Antibody-mediated antigen targeting to DC-specific surface receptors is a promising approach to enhance vaccine efficacy. The objective of this thesis was to develop DC-targeted nanoparticulate formulations for...