SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Bram, Thursday
- 1Campbell, Kathryn J. (Supervisor)
- 1Chavez, Melissa
- 1Currie, Timothy S.
- 1Dash, Ellen
- 1Fox, Karen
- 3Communications and Technology Graduate Program
- 3Communications and Technology Graduate Program/Capping Projects (Communications and Technology)
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1University of Alberta Libraries – Free Access Resources
- 1University of Alberta Libraries – Free Access Resources/Free access e-resources
Visualization has long been used in journalism to facilitate news storytelling. Media outlets applying visualization techniques in the news articles to communicate information efficiently and intuitively. This thesis aims to explore the way that visualization is applied in digital journalism with...
The definition of the traditional paragraph has remained unchanged for generations of readers. Yet today the predominant form of the paragraph on the Web is so new that it can only be called the new paragraph. So the question is which is the more readable of the two paragraph formats? More...
SSHRC Awarded IDG 2015: The project focuses on historical analysis of indigenous Hawaiians' [Kanaka Maoli] submissions to Hawaiian language newspapers (1834 - 1948). In 19th century Hawaii, missionaries' leisure-discourses were intimately connected with colonial structures and judgments about...
Reporting on Indigenous Stories
Award-winning journalist Duncan McCue of CBC Radio's Cross Country Checkup and CBC The National shares tips and insights from his online guide www.riic.ca, which delves into best-practices of reporting in Indigenous communities. This talk will be helpful to all writers and editors working to...
The words we use to talk about different situations, companies, and people have a huge impact on what we think. While style guides like the Associated Press Stylebook are used in newsrooms and public relations offices alike, they don’t cover identity well—if they mention topics like gender or...