SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Adamowicz, Wiktor
- 1Boxall, Peter C.
- 1D'Souza, Amabel, G
- 1Halvaksz, Jamon Alex
- 1Langdon, John
- 1Anthropology, Department of
- 1Anthropology, Department of/Research Materials (Anthropology)
- 1Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology, Department of
- 1Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology, Department of/Project Reports (Resource Economics & Environmental Sociology)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)/Successful Grants Library (SSHRC)
This is the third report resulting from the study: \"A Socioeconomic Evaluation of Sportfishing Activity in Southern Alberta.\" The first report dealt with general results from the survey, while the second focused specifically on the impacts of the Oldman River Dam on recreational fishing in the...
SSHRC IG awarded 2013: When I was writing my SSHRC-supported book, Mills in the Medieval Economy: England 1300-1540 (Oxford University Press, 2004), I noted a curious incidence involving the tearing down of two large watermill complexes on the River Itchen between Southampton and Winchester in...
Diversification of Livelihoods in a Region Impacted by Hydroelectric Development: A Case Study in the Lower Mekong (Mun River/Sebok River)Download
Local people living along the Mun River and its tributaries, have a deep connection to this fresh water ecosystem and have longstanding knowledge, practices and norms that are critical to their fishing livelihoods. However due to the rapid development of hydropower in the Mekong Basin, fishing...
The literature on environment-animal-human relations, place, and space, tends to emphasize cultural differences between global interests and local environmental practices. While this literature contributes substantially to our understanding of resource management, traditional ecological...