SearchSkip to Search Results
- 7Computing Science
- 4Artificial Intelligence
- 2Heuristic Search
- 2Machine Learning
- 1Computer game construction
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 2WISEST Summer Research Program
- 2WISEST Summer Research Program/WISEST Research Posters
- 1Grant Assist Program (Natural Sciences and Engineering)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Natural Sciences and Engineering)/Workshops (NSE)
Enrollment in Computing Science university programs is at a dangerously low level. A major reason for this is the general lack of interest in Computing Science by females. In this paper, we discuss our experience with using a computer game construction environment as a vehicle to encourage female...
Heuristic search has been shown to be an effective way to solve state-space problems. While many heuristic search techniques are guaranteed to find the best solution, these are often not feasible given practical resource requirements. In such cases, it is necessary to sacrifice solution...
Modern board, card, and video games are challenging domains for AI research due to their complex game mechanics and large state and action spaces. For instance, in Hearthstone — a popular collectible card (CC) (video) game developed by Blizzard Entertainment — two players first construct their...