SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3MacLeod, Andrea A.N.
- 3Multilingual Families Laboratory*
- 2Arnhold, Anja
- 2Salinas-Marchant, Carolina
- 1Aguila, Kylene
- 11Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 11Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)/Successful Grants Library (SSHRC)
- 9Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 9Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 4Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of
- 4Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of/Speech Pathology and Audiology
- 12Research Material
- 3Learning Object
- 2Conference/Workshop Poster
- 1Article (Published)
- 2Department of Educational Psychology
- 2Department of Elementary Education
- 1Department of Philosophy
- 1Department of Psychology
- 1Faculty of Nursing
- 1Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine
Beard, Paula, Damignani, Rita, Davis, Donna, Espin, Sherry, Hunter, Linda, Ip, Ivan, Krause, Christina, MacDonald, Pauline, MacLaurin, Anne, Mann, Jane, Margiotta, Helen, Menger, Conny, Mikkelsen, Anette, Nakajima, Amy, O'Neill, Cathy, Pollock, Erin, Smylie, Jackie, Taylor, Laurie, Wallace, Gord, Wilson, Nicole, Winfield, Cindy
Although the value of good teamwork and communication is well-recognized in healthcare, the complexity of healthcare and the dynamics among healthcare providers creates a myriad of challenges to creating sound practices. Considering these challenges and the broadness of the topic, the Working...
Communicating Mild Intellectual Disability
A key assumption with respect to Intellectual Disability (ID) and special needs education is that principals understand the programming and criteria for specialized school sites that focus on employability education for the mild intellectually disabled. A flaw with this assumption is evident due...
The pre and post diagnostic phases of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) care are inherently uncertain for patients and caregivers. The emotional character of ALS related communications requires that providers have a high degree of skill and tact. Understanding patient and caregiver preferences...
Connectedness and Communication: Does the communication received from a supervisor increase feelings of belonging to an organization?Download
The feeling of belonging is vital to a person’s livelihood, even at work. Social identity theory proposes that a person’s sense of who they are depends on the groups to which they belong. An individual does not just have a personal selfhood, but multiple selves and identities associated with...
SSHRC Awarded IG awarded 2016: Worldwide, approx. 683 million young people between the ages of 10 and 25 are registered in virtual worlds. Virtual environments have the potential to provide instruction encompassing the attributes that educational research has determined increase student...
SSHRC Awarded CG 2015: Funding to support an academic conference entitled "Discourse Expectations: Theoretical, Experimental, and Computational Perspectives (DETEC)", at the University of Alberta, from June 17-19, 2015. The conference will address theoretical issues concerning what linguistic...