SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Ensslin, Astrid
- 1Maximova, Katerina M.
- 1Raine, Kim D.
- 1Ridley, Denise
- 1Severson, Gladys M. J.
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)/Successful Grants Library (SSHRC)
High adiposity is associated cross-sectionally with low self-concept and body size dissatisfaction among indigenous Cree schoolchildren in CanadaDownload
Background Obesity and mental health problems are prevalent among indigenous children in Canada and the United States. In this cross-sectional study the associations between adiposity and body size satisfaction, body image and self-concept were examined in indigenous children in grades four to...
Magazine Images Depicting the Ideal Fit Male Body: An Outlet for Influencing Body Perceptions and Exercise Related CognitionsDownload
This study examined the effects of viewing health/fitness and sports magazine images on body perceptions and exercise related cognitions in males. The moderating effects of age were also examined. A series of 3 (image-only, magazine cover, control) by 3 (youngest, middle, oldest) ANOVA analyses...
SSHRC IG awarded 2018: Through cooperative inquiry and critical co-design, the project will develop an interactive digital story app (i.e., digital fiction) that can be evaluated as a tool for media-enhanced bibliotherapy to help young women address issues associated with body image concerns.