SearchSkip to Search Results
- 5Big data
- 1Artificial intelligence
- 1Cancer treatment options
- 1Cognitive computing
- 1Data archiving
- 1Data management
- 1Chen, Haolan
- 1Gerlitz, Laura
- 1Hossain, Samina
- 1Mayan, Maria (Supervisor)
- 1Montague, John J
- 1Vanderjagt, Leah
- 3Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 3Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1University of Alberta Libraries
- 1University of Alberta Libraries/Libraries Staff Presentations
- 1Communications and Technology Graduate Program
- 1Communications and Technology Graduate Program/Capping Projects (Communications and Technology)
Over the last several years, many academic libraries have engaged in institution-wide outreach efforts promoting the value of research data management and the importance of data archiving and sharing. A happy result of this work is that PIs leading research projects that are concluding are now...
We study the large-scale video recommendation problem based on user viewing logs instead of explicit ratings. As viewing records are implicitly positive samples, existing matrix factorization methods fail to generate discriminative recommendations based on such one-class data. We propose a...
Big data applications demand and consequently lead to developments of diverse scalable data management systems, ranging from NoSQL systems to the emerging NewSQL systems. In order to serve thousands of applications and their huge amounts of data, data management systems must be capable of...
How can the principles and concepts applied by visual communication designers be used to assist in exploring and understanding the massive, complex volumes of data now available to Digital Humanities researchers? One method we might employ to help us more easily comprehend the implications of...