SearchSkip to Search Results
- 337Campbell, Sandy
- 8Beaudreau, Diane, biologist, artist
- 3Alberta Aviation Museum
- 3Inuvialuit Cultural Resource Centre
- 3Ivanova, Semenova Polina
- 1Behn-Smith, Daniele
- 337Canadian Circumpolar Institute
- 333Canadian Circumpolar Institute/Circumpolar Digital Image Collection
- 6University of Alberta Libraries
- 6University of Alberta Libraries/Libraries Staff Publications
- 3Canadian Circumpolar Institute/Circumpolar Collection
- 1Canadian Circumpolar Institute/50th Anniversary Celebration
- 55Canada, Northwest Territories, Yellowknife
- 37Russia, St. Petersburg
- 21September, 2016
This snowplane, built in 1932 by Fudge Snow Sedans of Moosomin, Saskatchewan. It is currently on display at the Reynolds Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin, Alberta (R 2007.005.0001). A Ford Model A engine mounted on the exterior back of the vehicle drives a propeller. The vehicle travelled on four...
This badge is held in a display about the 418 Squadron at the Alberta Aviation Museum in Edmonton, Alberta. The Royal Canadian Air Force 418 Squadron was a reserve squadron that operated out of Edmonton from 1941 to 1994. The badge, which was introduced in June, 1958, features an image of an...
In snow environments, light aircraft use skis as landing gear. This ski is on a 1942 Noordyun Norseman IV, displayed at the Alberta Aviation Museum. The Noordyun Norseman, "the quintessential Canadian bush plane", was designed to operate on wheels, skis, or floats. These skis are made of...
The Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research is located in the brown building in the upper left of the photograph. The Institute's substantial polar library is housed in this building. The ships and U-boat in the Old Harbour are part of the German Maritime Museum (Deutsches...