SearchSkip to Search Results
- 16Integrative Health Institute (IHI)
- 9Integrative Health Institute (IHI)/2017 Integrative Health Institute Conference: Contemporary Insights for Optimizing Health
- 3Integrative Health Institute (IHI)/2018 Integrative Health Institute Conference: Contemporary Insights for Optimizing Health
- 2Integrative Health Institute (IHI)/Wisdom Engaged: Traditional Knowledge and Northern Community Well-Being
- 2Integrative Health Institute (IHI)/2016 Integrative Health Institute Conference: Contemporary Insights for Optimizing Health
- 1University of Alberta Library
- 5University of Alberta. Integrative Health Institute
- 3Integrative Health Institute
- 2Campbell, Sandy
- 2Jeff Allen Productions, Inc., - Videographer
- 1Andre, Alestine
- 1Arcand, Jayde
- 2Public Health - Conferences
- 12017, November
- 1Acupuncture - Law and Legislation - Canada - Ontario
- 1Aspirational model of health care
The Radical Redesign of Healthcare: The Why, What and How
Whole Health is an approach to health care that empowers AND equips people to take charge of their health and well-being and live their life to the fullest. Asks "What do people live for?" Concludes with a video of a true story of 5 octogenarian Taiwanese men, all with illnesses who decide to...
The Impact of History on Traditional Asian Medicine
Dr. Dominik Wujastyk of the Department of History and Classics, University of Alberta discusses the practices of "ancient" medicines in the modern world. Iconography of the presence of medical practices in the modern world.
Teamwork: Improved patient Experience, Patient Care and Patient Safety
Dr. Maeve O'Beirne, University of Calgary speaks to what makes health care teams effective and the importance of strong teamwork in health care environments.
Regulation of Traditional Medicine (Be Careful What You Wish For)
Dr. Heather Boon, Professor and Dean, Leslie Dean Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto speaks to the process of regulation of traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture in Ontario and the unexpected consequences of regulation on some members of the practitioner community. Dr. Boon...
Program and Abstract Booklet. Wisdom Engaged: Traditional Knowledge and Northern Community Well-BeingDownload
This is the Program and Abstract Booklet for the Gathering.
Poster announcing the two keynote speakers for the 2018 IHI Conference: Dr. Lindsay Crowshoe, MD "Situating Traditions and Traditional Medicine within a Broader Indigenous Healthcare Approach" and Dr. Pierre S. Haddad, PhD. "Integrative Health in a Canadian Indigenous Context: Combining Modern...
Indigenous Health: Path to Reconciliation
Dr. Wilton Littlechild, IPC, CM, FP, QC, Granchief, Treaty 6 Nations addressed the 2017 Integrative Health Conference at the University of Alberta. Dr. Littlechild presented images of the Ermineskin Residential School and spoke of his 14 years in three different schools. He spoke of the genesis...
Indigenous Health Challenges
Dr. Esther Tailfeathers works as a physician with Alberta Health Services in both Fort Chipewyan, in northern Alberta and Blood (Kainai) Indian Reserve in southern Alberta. Dr Tailfeathers speaks about the state of the health of Indigenous people in Alberta. She also addressed the determinants...
IHI 2017 Conference - Speed Talk Presenters poster
This poster includes photographs and biographical notes for the four presenters who gave speed talks at the IHI 2017 Conference in Edmonton, on October 27, 2017.